The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon one and all .. the fact that my LRF tackle bag contents are spread over the dining room table as I restock my various fluorocarbon leaders and sort through lures and worms etc must mean there's a trip in the offing !
And this time it's a day in the place I've seen described as LRF Mecca !
I'll be hitting Weymouth harbour for a day later next week. Of course I'll be popppng into the tackle shop in case I can see anything shiny that I don't already have, and I'll pick the brains of the guys there as the places to try to add to my species list. I just wondered if anyone could recommend the hotspots around the harbour ?
I'd like to try and add to my Wrasse numbers, or even an elusive Gurnard ? .. anything really ... can't wait to have a go at the place that I've seen in so many videos.
I've got a google earth map up of the harbour area to try and see where people are talking about!
Oh , and if anyone knows of the best places to eat out there that'd be cool too !
Cheers

Supergrover ! :vdrunk:

·
Registered
503 Posts
A couple of places to eat The Stables (13 Custom House Quay) and Crabhouse Cafe, which conveniently, is not far from Chesil Bait and Tackle! Google for opening times etc. Have a great time and tight lines.

Although it's on my doorstep I've never fished it! Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A couple of places to eat The Stables (13 Custom House Quay) and Crabhouse Cafe, which conveniently, is not far from Chesil Bait and Tackle! Google for opening times etc. Have a great time and tight lines.

Although it's on my doorstep I've never fished it! Let us know how you get on.
There's a good chance I'll try both. !!
Thanks for the reply :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post a line or two and a few pictures of how my trip to Weymouth went ... or should I be posting that under a different thread ? cheers guys ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts