The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new. Completely new to lure fishing and I only get the time to fish when I'm on the Scottish island of colonsay. To my knowledge nobody on the island lure fishes off the rocks so I will have to find every mark for myself . A few locals fish off the pier for mackerel but rarely catch.

I would like to catch species such as pollock and wrasse but I would love to land a bass!

I'm also clueless when it comes to tackle and I need to buy a new rod, reel and lures so I'm pretty much starting from scratch.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome Angus, it's a great forum and you should get lots of help on here....not sure how far north Colonsay is but I suspect there will be some Bass up your way this summer. I have caught Bass in the Kyle of Tongue in July and August, so I hope you get some luck.

·
Sausage!
4,197 Posts
angus ile be up scotland a lot this year and try our new marks,ya welcome to meet up and tag along,welcomre to the forum

·
Registered
198 Posts
ive heard of bass as far up as the summer isles, so with some effort im sure you'll be rewarded. I imagine theres some good Pollock to be had up on colonsay, some nice looking rock marks popping up on google images. try the atlantic side?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts