The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wanted to say hi to everyone on here. Great site, makes a refreshing change........ if you know what I mean:wink:. Will hopefully be contributing with some catch reports from the Far South West soon.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hey all, just wanted to say hi to everyone on here. Great site, makes a refreshing change........ if you know what I mean:wink:. Will hopefully be contributing with some catch reports from the Far South West soon.
welcome to the forum mate !

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
A very warm welcome to you Vaughan !!! Looking forward to seeing those catch reports !!! Roll on Spring eh ???!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, yes bring on the spring for the warmer weather, but there's still a few about down my end despite the arctic conditions we have had.

Small tides this week though :cry:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hey Vaughan! Keep us posted. I'm up around Padstow. Should be getting down your way for a go some time soon.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Ben,

Cool give me a shout if you're down my way. I saw a pick of Nath on bassmasters very close to home in mid december, I was pretty surprised he made it that far down! Would be great to meet up with a few of you.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Vaughan, there's quite a few of us getting together in West Wales at the end of April (full details in the "festivals & meets" section). If you fancy a weekend of Bassing with a bunch of like-minded basket-cases . . . you'd be very welcome to join us !!! It's looking like a pretty good turn-out !!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I'm sure we could arrange it pretty easily. Some time soon even. Nath and his dad should be up for it too I'd imagine. If we're going to get any fish at the moment, you're probably in one of the best areas.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure we could arrange it pretty easily. Some time soon even. Nath and his dad should be up for it too I'd imagine. If we're going to get any fish at the moment, you're probably in one of the best areas.
I'd be well up for that.

Would have to get myself a feed shallow first though, one of the few lures I want that I haven't got yet, and sounds like it has been a stormer ;-) recently.

The only problem down my end is having the right tides/times and it being fishable at this time of year, but at least I have 2 coasts to choose from :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Exactly, you're in a good position down there. I'd have a 45 min car journey at least to get anywhere near the other coast.

You just let me know when you reckon it might be a good time and I'll head down. :-D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool, will keep my eye on the forecasts, the tides arn't bad this weekend. If it is fishable I will deffinately be heading out somewhere.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Vaughan,

Have a feeling you are the bloke I met at that WSF do at Sand Point a few years ago, when I came and took pix for Sea Angler ? We spoke a bit about the bass fishing down west......

Am I right ?

Nice one, hope the fish are hammering lures down there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vaughan,

Have a feeling you are the bloke I met at that WSF do at Sand Point a few years ago, when I came and took pix for Sea Angler ? We spoke a bit about the bass fishing down west......

Am I right ?

Nice one, hope the fish are hammering lures down there.
Henry, spot on thats me, it was great to chat with you up there.

I ment to get in touch to organise a few sessions, but had a bit of a dependant misses at the time, who wouldn't let me have my own life, and I was too much of a sucker back then to put my foot down. Not now though, my no.1 priority after the job is hardcore bassing again:mrgreen:.

Not so much hammering going on at the moment, still the odd one or two about, but you've got to be in it to win it as they say.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome aboard Vaughan . I heard you ended up in the drink the other day? did you catch anything ? or just a cold:-D

Hope your well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome aboard Vaughan . I heard you ended up in the drink the other day? did you catch anything ? or just a cold:-D

Hope your well.
Hi Ry, all good thanks bud, hope you are too. How's the little one coming on, walking the dog yet, lol?

Haha, yep miss judged a bit of a jump, ended up into my waste, then a set came in just after:-o Got to be done sometimes to get to that sweet looking spot.

I didn't have as much as a sniff, but Ruan had one that took on the surface bit of a run and then came off. He said he thought it was a reasonable one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts