The Lure Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just introducing myself to everybody.i live in an area surrounded by lakes and rivers.but my passion is the sea.have bass fished for over 35 years.through the good and bad times.we are now in the best era here in ireland for big bass.just got back to lure fishing after a 12 year gap.hoping to pick peoples brains about lures etc.all the best for now.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great introduction Greg and a warm welcome to you, this is a great site to learn and hope you enjoy, look forward to your future posts and catch reports !

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Welcome Greg...

Looks like we could be picking your brains for information on big Bass in Ireland..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
welcome

thanks to all the members for a super wellcome.this lure fishing lark has changed dramaticly in the last 10 years.i gave up bass fishing from the shore with lures because it was so bad about 10 yrs ago.but still fished in kerry on the beaches bait fishing.went into carping in a big way.just hope my cardinal 55 is still good enough.still i think i need a few new lures.just leave you with a great saying from an old man who i used to meet when out piking on lough derravaragh he did not drive so i brought him to a big tackle shop in dublin at the time. after spending about 1hr looking around we headed off i siad to him well what did you think GOD HE SIAD I NEVER KNEW THEIR WAS SO MANY THINGS YOU COULD DO WITHOUT.just taught to myself after there was a great mind thinking.its not the tackle but the man using it.i will be asking questions on regular bases hope nobody minds.all the best.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello

thanks tom.
how are you these days still catching a few.any pike on the fly last winter.or still after the seatrout.

·
Registered
884 Posts
just getting back in to the fishing after my illness greg. done nothing at all over the winter apart a few hours at the sea trout as you know. think it was to much to soon. will have to meet up at some point and go hunting the bass.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Greg said:
GOD HE SAID I NEVER KNEW THEIR WAS SO MANY THINGS YOU COULD DO WITHOUT.

Great philosophy Greg... I just wish I didn't have the resistance of a chocolate fire guard when it comes to the things I could do with out........

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hello

tom
good to see you are up and about.have had a few health issues myself.two vertebrae in my back are damaged plus i have a trapped nerve.so no boat fishing till i get this sorted out.my fishing is confined to very short spells approx 2/3 hrs due to pain.only fly or lure fishing.cant do anything else to much hassle and strain.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Welcome Greg, your signature is a breath of fresh air, I think you will enjoy the forum. Guys on here are happy to report blanks, tidlers and belting fish, all in the sake of passing on information that others might benifit from.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.