The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick hello and introduction. I am very new to the lure game and web site and I have a lot to learn. I have background experience of fly fishing and more recently feathering for mackerel.

Bass fishing is a bit similar to fly fishing with none of that mucky bait, with the advantage that the prize is the occasional sea bass for the table which my wife adores rather than trout which none of us really liked.

I have been out twice so far and much to my families amusement blanked on both outings. I will have to rent myself one of those how to DVDs. I in desperate need of a mentor, so any willing volunteers, fancy a north or south Devon trip and a couple of pints after?

Thanks for making such a welcoming website. I hope to bore you rigid with regular tales of large bass taken on the north and south Devon coast. Just don't hold your breath, quite a few more blank days to come first

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Welcome to the site Steve and hope you enjoy :-D

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome to the site Steve. You'll find plenty of info on here and I'm sure that your fly fishing background will stan you in good stead.
There's a Devon pluggers group in the community section. Quite a few of us up in North Devon, give us a shout if you're planning a trip up.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Steve I hope you enjoy it.........

I take it that most of your fly fishing is in fresh water and the not so nice tasting trout is Brown or Rainbow. I doubt she would be the same about Sea Trout..far...far more superior taste IMHO and if you like them there's plenty of people on the site to help with that as well.

Enjoy

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Steve, thanks for signing up, and look forward to your input.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Steve - Welcome to the forum. I've only joined recently, but can assure you the amount of info and support available on this site is generous. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Just a quick hello and introduction. I am very new to the lure game and web site and I have a lot to learn. I have background experience of fly fishing and more recently feathering for mackerel.

Bass fishing is a bit similar to fly fishing with none of that mucky bait, with the advantage that the prize is the occasional sea bass for the table which my wife adores rather than trout which none of us really liked.

I have been out twice so far and much to my families amusement blanked on both outings. I will have to rent myself one of those how to DVDs. I in desperate need of a mentor, so any willing volunteers, fancy a north or south Devon trip and a couple of pints after?

Thanks for making such a welcoming website. I hope to bore you rigid with regular tales of large bass taken on the north and south Devon coast. Just don't hold your breath, quite a few more blank days to come first
Dave,

I am based in Plymouth and have many marks on the South Coast of Devon and SE Cornwall. If you fancy a session or two let me know

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nick, that's a kind offer that I would like to take you up on. I have spent to much time over recent weeks, to use your signature "waiving a stick about" As a new member I don't seem to have access to pm so please email me at [email protected]. Thanks again

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi steve welcome to the forum. Reckon you will be heading over to the bude area before too long. If so check out widmouth northcott sandymouth and duckpool from low tide on the push. All these spots can be found on the map and are riddled with the kind of territory bass love, especially the sandy bottomed gullies found in the area that are due to how the rock has been shifted over the last millenia. Good luck happy hunting!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for that Luke. I will be sure to to have a go. Perhaps I can persuade someone to show me the better marks. Hint ....hint

1 - 16 of 16 Posts