The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, Live and work in Preston,Lancashire but will travel to pretty much anywhere to throw some lures! Mostly fish North Wales and Anglesey, sometimes Cumbria, occasionally Fylde coast. Love Bass but also have a soft spot for Mackerel on light gear. Bumped into a few of the Anglesey bumblers at Penmon on Sunday, hopefully will meet a few more of you in the future. Tight Lines David

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Welcome along David! Good to bump into you on Sunday, looking forward to seeing plenty of your catch reports boosting the North West section!

Regards and tightlines,

Rob

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
A very warm Welcome David, great to have you aboard :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have gained some excellent knowledge from some of the members on here from various places so really want to return that by making some useful contributions to the forum. Not sure if fishing the nearest marks to me will mean catch reports though Rob, trying reports more like it! Been a hard year on the lures locally for me

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Lol! The Fylde has been dire hasn't it mate!!!! Had around 30 bass on lures last year in Lancashire, this time I've had FIVE!

·
Registered
78 Posts
how long does the bass will stay on flyde coast do you think. maybe RobF and I could pay you a visit for a mini sesh. What about it Rob?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Welcome to the Forum David. Look forward to news from 'oop north'!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats 3 more than me Rob, although this year thanks to a new job that includes working weekends most of my free time has been spent in Wales trying to get to grips with 4 or so marks. I do have a salmon fishing friend who has had one to a flying C surprisingly far up the Ribble. There seems to be a few good ones coming out in Cumbria too but with a 2hour plus drive I think my best choice when limited for time and weather not playing ball is to head to Wales. Its the water clarity/confidence thing that kicks in too. I would rather fish 2 hours on the straits than 6 on the Fylde. Their poor clarity would be called clear on some of our local marks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts