The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm based in South Pembrokeshire, where we're fortunately blessed with a plethora of angling opportunities.
I've been a lure/ plug angler for some years now, but am looking to get into the saltwater fly side of things in a bigger way.
I'm fortunate enough to have a boat to fish off, as well as what the shore has to offer, so just need to be pointed in the right direction. Myself and Huffy (Paul Houghland) have been frantically tying various patterns to scare the bass & mullet with, but any favourites that you have would be welcomed with relish.
I see from the postings that quite a few of you get down this way, it'd be good to hook up with some of you sometime, if you'll excuse the pun.

Tight lines,

Darren.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Evening, and a warm welcome Darren. I am one of the Bumblers that regulalry venture down your way. I hope that we do get a chance to dangle together :p

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Welcome Darren, same sentiments as Simon, look forward to meeting you soon :-D

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Evening Darren, I'm often down that way with Pops Clapham in tow.......keep looking for the big van parked in dodgy carparks!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Darren, I too fish a lot of marks between Tenby and Freshwater West (with more success than those above LOL!). Maybe we'll see you out and about soon? Not done any fly fishing for the bass yet though but my lad is keen to give it a try this season. Keep an eye on the forum and ShoutBox as we discuss our plans quite openly and you are always welcome to meet up with us although we may pick your brains for local knowledge ;)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Darren, I too fish a lot of marks between Tenby and Freshwater West (with more success than those above LOL!).
christ guy's, your surely not going to let a englishman throw the gauntlet in your face like that with no come back, my god what's happened to the pride of a welshman,lol.

kev

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
christ guy's, your surely not going to let a englishman throw the gauntlet in your face like that with no come back, my god what's happened to the pride of a welshman,lol.

kev
We dont rise to that drivel Kev. Instead i'm trying to help him. I've just ordered these, and had them sent to his house . . .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Win-Fri...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276764679&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ego-Less-Se...=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276764950&sr=1-8

;)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Just kidding boys! They don't play my games, Kev - they close ranks when I have a josh!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts

kev
Kev,

Tim's house dosn't have central heating at the moment, but it can easally be arranged by my friends at Meibion Glyndwr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meibion_Glyndŵr) they havn't had any practice of late so would welcome the call :-D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Thanks Tim, I'll do that.
Darren, any of the guys who have responded would be happy to meet up on a weekend. Quite a friendly bunch as a rule (as long as you're not English LOL!). Just contact us through the forum and we'll let you know where we are going to be. I think Si Lewis is organsing/coordinating a few anglers for a trip this w/e. I have a few family commitments so probably won't be out until Sunday afternoon.

Ben Edwards is another good angler from your neck of the woods, so look out for him. I'll see if we can get you into the "Welsh Pluggers" group...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts