The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started fishing again, trying to get in as much free time as possible before our first baby arrives in November!!!

Armed my self with some new braid and a hand full of lures. Rapalas J13, J11, X rap sub surface and a popper. Any way 10 hours + on these plugs no luck. Put on a trusty plastic sidewinder boom, bass.

Any way really want to catch on a surface plug but getting feed up not. Any spots to try and tips on uses plugs. How do you cast a J11 more than 15 meters??

Thanks
John

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
A very warm welcome John, good luck :p

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
How do you cast a J11 more than 15 meters??

Thanks
John
Welcome John . . love your Beer :p.

Best way to get a J11 out more than 15 meters, is to float it on the top during an early morning session smothered in fish-oil, and tempt a Gull to take it. Let the Gull fly out around 50 meters, then flip the bail-arm, and strike 'HARD' whilst winding down. The lure should release from the Gull, and plop nicely into the sea at full range.

Hope that helps ;).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome John . . love your Beer :p.

Best way to get a J11 out more than 15 meters, is to float it on the top during an early morning session smothered in fish-oil, and tempt a Gull to take it. Let the Gull fly out around 50 meters, then flip the bail-arm, and strike 'HARD' whilst winding down. The lure should release from the Gull, and plop nicely into the sea at full range.

Hope that helps ;).
Actaully the best method i've found is to tie the J11 to the Ferry wait until the line goes slack so i know it has turned around and therefor at it futherist point a away. Then Work the plug across the entier Solent. Now wheres that big reel gone.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome from another newbie John.

I know the Island well, lived there for sixteen years before moving here, though unfortunately I wasn't fishing then. Still go back often as I have family over there, though I may have to start taking my rod now as well. Can't help regarding catching anything though, I am just at the stage of throwing out the lure and reeling back :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi John and any others I have missed recently.

Make the most of the wealth of knowledge that is burried within the pages here. There's loads of great, helpful and friendly people here too to help you along your way too.

Cant go wrong really, people :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts