The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just thought I would do a quick introduction.
I have been fishing since I was 8 years old. My uncle bought me a split cane Alcocks float rod and a Hardy conquest reel. I sold the reel but still have the rod. My main stay fishing nowadays is on the boat. I have a Merry Fisher 580 with a 90hp 2 stroke Merc on the back. It gets out to the fishing grounds fairly quickly. There is a 9.8hp auxillary which I use for trolling for the bass in Swansea bay. Trolling is not a bad way of spending a few hours fishing.
I guess using feathers for mackeral on a light rod is the most common form of lure fishing and the catch does provide a rewarding tea.
I have been to Gambia 5 times, it is a great way to end the British winter. Didn't go this year but probably will next. Wandering around the reefs with a rod and a few lures can be rewarding but I have never hit the big one.
I've been to Norway a couple of times and had an escaped salmon which really pulled the string. Had a few Sea Trout, Pollock, Gurnard whilst I was there.

Tight lines everyone

Martin

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
A warm welcome Martin, great first post, I am from Swansea and fish the Gower and West Wales with a good few members from this forum, you will be welcome to join us on one of our regular outings :-D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Steve,
thanks for the offer, I enjoy fishing around that area because of the variety of fish and the water is usually quite clear. As long as the early morning start is no too early. If you know of a cheap B & B that will be useful.

Martin

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Hi Steve,
thanks for the offer, I enjoy fishing around that area because of the variety of fish and the water is usually quite clear. As long as the early morning start is no too early. If you know of a cheap B & B that will be useful.

Martin
I will look into some places for you :-D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Welcome Martin :D, i suffer the misfortune of having to tolerate Steve's company on occassions ;). I hope to dangle a line with you soon :p

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Martin welcome to the forum. it wont be long before you a lure mad angler like the rest of us on here. Be warned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.
If the winds are light enough the boat will be bassing off Swansea this coming Saturday. The name of the boat is Nemesis so if any of you are around in the afternoon give me a call.

cheers

Martin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts