The Lure Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just joined the forum fished a lot over the years but 90% of this has been fly fishing for sea trout. Done a very small amount of saltwater fly fishing caught some very small bass but not sure what I was doing really. I've got a couple of spinning rods and reels that I've mainly used for pike and the odd bit of river fishing for salmon.

I live in Pembrokeshire got loads of coatline to explore the sea trout fishing has gone down hill over the last 5 years or so. I'm looking to try something different. I can see there's lots of info on the forum and I'm looking forward to chatting with you all and picking your brains

Cheers Paul

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Welcome Paul. There are quite a few of us on here that fish the Pembrokeshire region on a regular basis. We recently had a 'Bumble' (a very social roughly organised get-together involving a combination of fishing & drinking :D) down in Pembrokeshire, where we managed to rustle-up 30 anglers from here.

Hopefully you'll find time to meet up with a few of us, and join us on our weekend expeditions.

Well done for getting stuck-in with your first post, and feel free to ask anything, and to chip-in with your knowledge wherever you can.

Si.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Paul
Ooodles of bass fishing in Pembrokeshire to explore - I've only just begun but the potential is huge. We do see plenty of sea trout along South Pembs so they are around. Whether you can catch them is another matter! Maybe we can get you joined up on the Welsh Pluggers group so we can arrange for you to join some of us on our regular outings. The Welsh contingent is very well represented on here (I am English btw but verging on honorary Welsh status apparently) and we organise Bumbles to which all are welcome to chat, fish and make merry (see Welsh Coast reports for details of the recent one). Hope to see you soon!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for making me feel so welcome I look forward to meeting some of you. I probably already know some of you. I've tried to add a photo but not sure what I'm doing. Don't worry Tim I'm 1/2 english my self( english parents born in wales ). Support wales in the rugby but I'll be shouting for England at the world cup

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Hi Paul...welcome to the Forum...

Have a read of the Welsh Bumble thread and see the guys in the Bumble photo.... a fantastic group of lads and all great company....You're very lucky to be in the area with so many great guys who will no doubt have you out with them before too long......

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum, glad you are enjoying so far and look forward to your reports !

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
(I am English btw but verging on honorary Welsh status apparently)
Tim,

You are delusional if you think that is going to happen !!!!!!!!, just be happy you are living here and haven’t come home yet to a real fire !

·
Registered
519 Posts
(I am English btw but verging on honorary Welsh status apparently)
Tim,

You are delusional if you think that is going to happen !!!!!!!!, just be happy you are living here and haven’t come home yet to a real fire !

tim, you should know better than that mate, they'll never let you be a welshman as long as you've got a hole in your ozone.

and another thing, you ain't got no velcro gloves yet anyway, or have you............ :muttley:

kev

1 - 14 of 14 Posts