The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im just about to buy braid on line and am looking at 20lb sunline does anyone use or know if this is good?? Cheers :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
sunline is very good but expensive i you'se snl pe- snl rock- snl castaway great for lures the castaway is the thinnest sunline pe is the cheapest here plus we only youse it for bream light gear make sure your knots are sitting well as it will cut itself . match it with the right lure weight and watch it fly good luck

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks peter anyone else have any thought on this braid???

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also has anyone ahd any experience of th esufix braids my head is all messed up been on th einternet all day just cant make me mind up on which braid to go for :(

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi mate.

I've always been advised to use a minimum of 25-30lb braid if fishing lures close to rocks and reefs etc, if you hook up to a nice slab of silver, and it runs you past the rocks, it only takes the slightest rub of the line to snap clean away!

What you mention sounds great for surf etc, otherwise I'd suggest berkley whiplash or power pro, whiplash does the trick for me, and pretty reasonable in price. Not that I'm by any means an expert, just thought I'd share my thoughts.

All the best, tight lines!

·
Registered
323 Posts
suffix fuse orange good for following your lure suffix in green just as good youse it on a couple of reels plus cheaper then sunline the fuse is like fireline. power pro is also cheaper but suffix and pro are thicker as to rocks longer leader is all you can do or screw the drag down and heave

cheers pete ps pro -suffix are 4 wrap as sunline castaway is 8. 8 wrap better line it's down to how much you want to spend

·
Registered
234 Posts
Daiwa Tournament 8braid

This line has been mentioned on the forum already. I've been using the 30lb multi-coloured stuff for the last 3 sessions. It's very early days but I love it. I also bought the 20lb but it's so thin I don't want to use it around rough ground. It's the about the same diameter as 10kg PowerPro and very well behaved. I think Henry Gilbey wrote about it as well. I think it's going for €40 odd at Southside Angling (Dublin) - great value for 300m - 2 seasons worth at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts