The Lure Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a 7ft 10 to 30 gr bushwacker from a ebay shop.it was only £39.99 so seems a real bargin.the picture and description on the add said rod had combined eva-cork handle.the rod i got has all eva handle.i asked the seller if the rod he sent me was older version and he said oh sorry the picture and description is the older one ,the one he sent me is the newest one.is this correct?.for the price im pleased anyway but just wondering.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
bought a 7ft 10 to 30 gr bushwacker from a ebay shop.it was only £39.99 so seems a real bargin.the picture and description on the add said rod had combined eva-cork handle.the rod i got has all eva handle.i asked the seller if the rod he sent me was older version and he said oh sorry the picture and description is the older one ,the one he sent me is the newest one.is this correct?.for the price im pleased anyway but just wondering.
You have received the older model, For £40 you have picked up a very accomplished Rod !

Edit, just corrected my info, was looking at the 2009 catalogue.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi Peter, the new "whacker" has cork/eva handle. The original (older) "whacker" handle was all eva. For the money though superb rods. I bought one (the 8`6") last year after hearing so many good things!! I have only used it twice and that was this year on the pike! But very impressed with it for the money. A few of the guys all have various "whackers" and I dont think anyone of them has anything bad to say. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im happy with the rod but thought i would get the rod he is describing in the add.i checked the savage gear site and it says the new 2010 rod has combined eva/cork handle.yet he is saying thats the old rod and hes sent me the new version(eva only)lol.either way its a bargin i know.but should he describe and show picture of one rod then send out a different one

·
Registered
77 Posts
You got the old rod. Cracking little thing it is too. BUT to describe the newer rod and to sell you the older one is not on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You got the old rod. Cracking little thing it is too. BUT to describe the newer rod and to sell you the older one is not on.
thats what im thinking.the rod seems a great buy but its not the rod he,s describing in the add on ebay.ive mailed the shop and told him .ill see what he says

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Yeah, the old model has complete EVA, and the newer one has Cork. But for the price even for the old model, its a good one.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
The one I recently bought for about the same price has full EVA handle. I was aware that the newer (XNLT or something?)one had cork. It is a good rod anyway. May be worth informing him he has it the wrong way round.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
mind saying that ive just checked his feedback and it looks like he has a habit of doing this
heres a few
Homemade rubbish and not as pictured the best thing was the box they came in!!!!

this was not a keenets bivvy its a cheap pop up tent i wanted the keenets bivvy

Item not as advertied ,dreadful communication, 6 days to get a refund . beware

lol

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
mind saying that ive just checked his feedback and it looks like he has a habit of doing this
heres a few
Homemade rubbish and not as pictured the best thing was the box they came in!!!!

this was not a keenets bivvy its a cheap pop up tent i wanted the keenets bivvy

Item not as advertied ,dreadful communication, 6 days to get a refund . beware

lol
Might be worth checking the feedback first next time. Although I think whichever model it is, you've got a bargain.

·
Registered
498 Posts
leave neg feedback,always check feedback 1st, but for that money you quids in,i use fleabay alot and been lucky apart from the camo jacket size large that fits the mrs size 10 but for £6 thats the gamble!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I think given the feedback (that you will check beforehand next time I'm sure!) you should be happy to have the rod. To confirm, you have the 2009 model with full EVA but it is a great rod and £40 is a good price (hard to beat), so don't stress over it. We have one of these rods and it's awesome. My lad has put a Shimano Exage 2500 on it which balances nicely and he landed some nice pike on it last month using a range of lures. Maybe he'll get a bass tomorrow??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im happy with the rod.like you i have the qeb 240 and ill use the bushwacker for smaller plugs and bigger soft baits.hope he gets a bass tomorrow to.still really quiet up here but should pick up soon

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I think it is early yet but there is only one way to find out when they arrive! The 7' Bushie is a great tool and you won't be disappointed. To be honest, I can see you using it more than the QEB - it's very versatile and can cast lures a surprisingly long way. I will pinch the boy's Bushie when he isn't using it for sure!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts