The Lure Forums banner

Henry Knot any good with YGK Nitlon DFC fluorocarbon?

4K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  fran slater 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Anyone able to report success or otherwise with the Henry leader Knot with YGK Nitlon DFC fluorocarbon?

Know I've had problems with Seaguar Hard and just wondering if anyone's tried he above combo before I splash out

I'm thinking the problem with the Seaguar Hard was because the knot was unable to bed right in to the hard FC

Thanks

Will

#2 ·
Hi Will

Been using this knot with ygk x3 and nitlon fc. The last few I've tied, after adding the flashmer gel, the knot has become brittle and pulled apart. Anyone else using this combination?
Fran has been using Nitlon and has experienced slipping knots - but could it be the Flashmer gel or the flouro?

Would be interesting to see if anyone has used Nitlon and found it especially hard like Seaguar

#8 ·
I've got the knot tying down. Turn a chair back to front, sit on chair, tie braid to chair back, figure 8's flouro 'round braid, snugging each rap, bimini finish.
Broke another glued knot today after a dozen casts, I pretty sure it's the glue causing the problem. Going to try the un-glued knot tomorrow. I'll report back.

#15 ·
Look up the u tube vid of the savage gear guy tying the knot - it's posted on here somewhere.... Much easier than the method in HG's original post. I can tie it in the boat bouncing around in a F 4 in about a minute and it's a 100% reliable. No glue required.

Cheers

#16 ·
Look up the u tube vid of the savage gear guy tying the knot - it's posted on here somewhere.... Much easier than the method in HG's original post. I can tie it in the boat bouncing around in a F 4 in about a minute and it's a 100% reliable. No glue required.

Cheers
just like tim said, that is the methord, totally easy and secure, i find it much easier than an albright.

#17 ·
Yep i've been tying it this way too (holding the braid between your teeth and knitting the flouro around it, using the resistance of the rod tip). It's the easiest way to tie it and as Tim said, you can even do it in the boat. Such a strong knot, losing way way less tackle with it and with the advantages of being able to have a longer leader it's a win win.

#18 ·
I was lucky enough to be shown by Marq the improved Albright at AOF and I luv it. I cannot get my head around this new knot of Henry's. I had 3 decent bass on this knot Marq showed me and no issues.

I also like the double uni.

:jump:
Hi james hope u are well thats same for me marq showed us that one snaps at the lure clip if i snag, 0.15 power pro (10lb b.s. nonsense) and 20lb amnesia.

#19 ·
Cheers for the replies fellas. I'm using ygk g soul wx8 and the ygk nitlon fluoro as recommended by Henry and it seems a good combination that works for me with the 'Henry' or FG not. I use glue sparingly after putting on 6 or 8 halfhitches of braid up the braid section of the knot. Breaks tend to be at the clip end but not exclusively- wonder if this is due to weaknesses caused by the glue- whatever it's working plenty well enough for me. Despite previously noted reservations the Nitlon fluoro is too good a deal not to try to work with. I love having a long on the reel leader as it aids my confidence massively. Couldn't get Seaguar Hard (too hard?) to work which isn't the end of the world as its so pricey. End result is that the Henry knot is a boon!

#20 ·
Hi, a mate of mine who lives and fishes for very BIG fish in lanzarote has got this knot off to a fine art, I showed him it about a year ago and he was having probs with it letting go/slipping, I don't know how to attach the link from YouTube but if you type in FG knot pete berry you will get it, you must melt the end of the leader and no glue. Good luck:mrgreen:

#21 ·
Another footnote on this. I've been using the knot with 16lb momentum 4X4 and 16lb ygk flouro, very strong, always breaks at the clip. I then dropped down to 12lb strains of same lines on another real and was getting alot of easy breakages at the knot, moreso than you'd expect from the drop in b.s. I've now started doubling the 12lb braid and it's going at the clip again and under a lot more pressure . I finish with the bimini twist that Steve suggested on another thread, locks it down a treat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.