The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I went camping and fishing in Herm for a few days this week. We were going for the grand slam of bream, mullet and bass. Having had no joy with bait for bream and seeing no mullet we concentrated on plugging for bass instead and what a good decision it turned out to be.

Between us we had 12 bass. 1 on the first day, 9 on the second (what a great session for the boy!) and 2 more on the third day.

My son had never caught a bass before and caught 5 overall. All his were taken on a Feedshallow No.8 Mullet.

The best out of my catch was a nice bass of 5lbs 4oz caught on a Daiwa TD Shad 9cm lure.

(The photos were taken on my phone and not being that good with computers, i don't know how to change their setting so the attachment manager will accept them!)

We'll be going back!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Well done Andy mate, sounds like a great time was had by you both. I havent fished in Herm for a few years now, must get over there sometime in the future. We used to have the tent up all seaon and had some good times but never a lot of fish. :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
It sounds like a great trip.
12 Bass is pretty damn good by any standards.
Just remember, some guys on here might not have caught one yet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was there on a brief visit in 2005 plenty of mullet around the north tip of the Island, it is alive with sandhoppers. Looked like good Bass ground nearby also. Jersey spear fishermen used to go up there for jumbo mullet.

As a boy I went to Jethou in the 60's a couple of times, we would throw stones at the mullet rafting up, they would return a few minutes later, when we went snorkelling we were met with lines of wrasse. It is now a private Island.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only last year Nicolas, there was a slick of mullet a quarter of a mile long (no exaggeration) at the north end you're talking about. It looked as though you could walk on them, it was an amazing sight. Alas not this time.

I can see the attraction of pitching a tent there all year Paddy, I love the place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts