The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I hope it's better than the last series. He hardly did any 'proper' fishing last time. I absolutely hate him, but will watch anyway :p.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
We all hate the guy, pfaffing around like a real prima-donna. We all watch though, in total envy that it's him getting to fish those places and not us!

·
Registered
363 Posts
The guy ruins what would be great TV. cant stand the idiot, still watch it though!!!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The guy is a muppet! But the places he visits are pretty impressive and I still watch it regardless.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
The guy is a muppet! But the places he visits are pretty impressive and I still watch it regardless.
I knew I'd seen Robson somewhere previous to Solider Solider, it was Sesame Street & that's where he must have developed his singing skills :wink:

I don't mind the guy or the programme. Luckily my other half is a Geordie so she translates for me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Classic Robson, and taken on the chin. Do we get to see more deva strops this series? Good luck with the book. lol
Thank you all for your kind support, as usual! I dont like the programme myself but its what they want, its not for the serious fishermen to be honest, its just a bit of a laugh. Anyone want to buy my new book then? I'll sign it for yers.
PS was it you in Jersey the other week?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
We all agree he is a burke, a whingeing prima donna, a terrible fisherman (did anyone see him with the multiplier reel in SA last series and the world class birds nest?) but it is fishing on TV. Therefore we will all watch it, wish it was us instead of him, and point out all the things he does wrong, and all the continuity stuff-ups where they try and make him look good. Can't wait :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
If he was a real extreme angler he'd be skishing.
Can't do with the program myself TBH. No wonder people don't understand us as a sport.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Can't do with the program myself TBH. No wonder people don't understand us as a sport.
Keith, there is nothing extreme about it and it does nothing for the sport in reality. However, those of us that know better can hoot and jeer at Knobson from the sidelines and enjoy it for what it is. It is just telly and entertainment after all. It is C5 and not The Discovery Channel so I guess you have to adjust your expectations accordingly ;) I kinda like a fishing show where I know better than the host and he makes me look good LOL!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I won't be watching. Prefer watching Henry repeats, and the better the viewing figures are for Knobson the more the channels will think that's what we want AND the more the antis will see us as loud shouty sweary louts with little regard for the fish we catch. Poor advert for angling in my opinion.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well its seems Robson isn't everybody's cup of tea when it comes to his extreme fishing programme, but the guy is on the forum and shares a passion we all have, so shouldn't we take this opportunity to let him know what anglers want instead of trashing the guy? Agreed, it is annoying watching him the way he sometimes handles the fish, so Robson treat the fish with a bit more respect and as an angler represent us in a good light, but keep at it. But you know what I like the programmes, because it beats all the other repeated crap on TV.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I thought I saw him try that in a river in the last series Keith. I don't think he got it though....would you invite him out for the next series?

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Thank you all for your kind support, as usual! I dont like the programme myself but its what they want, its not for the serious fishermen to be honest, its just a bit of a laugh. Anyone want to buy my new book then? I'll sign it for yers.
my wife said could you send her a signed copy of the soldier soldier series dvd instead lol

1 - 20 of 98 Posts