The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 12 year old fishing this afternoon and I've been giving him the best tips I could on watercraft, so gave him the option of where he wanted to fish when we got to our mark (which was new to me).

"I like the look of that run there Dad, just as the tide hits that reef, I reckon the fish may be holding in there" he says. So I let him have his head and off he goes.

A few minutes later, "Dad......fish on"

And so it was. Only small but the only fish of the hour and half session and picked out by my boy. Not bad at all in my book.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Good for the little Fella!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Seeing our sons take this forward is just priceless. I was in Guernsey with my son (14) a few weeks back and Andy M was kind enough to show us round- those rocks look a bit familiar as I think I fell over most of them in the dark...?!

Tight lines for you both as we go into autumn...should be good

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seeing our sons take this forward is just priceless. I was in Guernsey with my son (14) a few weeks back and Andy M was kind enough to show us round- those rocks look a bit familiar as I think I fell over most of them in the dark...?!

Tight lines for you both as we go into autumn...should be good
It was a last minute job Neil, the wind was strong and in the north and those boulders provided us with some shelter. You did well to get over them in the dark, rather you than me :)

It's half term now so I think there'll be a bit more fishing done this week. I have to catch up with him now, I can't have the little so and so out-fish me can I?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Congrats to you both - Good Job!!!! Unfortunately my son who is now 16 has never been interested in fishing, no matter how hard I tried to convert him, cant win em all.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Good work Andy. Good to know there are some fish on that mark now, it started early Oct last year but things have been running late. Might not take my nipper there though way too much for him!!

Yes Neil, those are the rocks we fished, further along from we were though but not the ones where your son took a tumble.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts