The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been fishing since I was four I am well and truly hooked although as children grew and spare time diminished I also got into golf! I've been pretty successful with bait and fly fishing and have had bass to over double figures and a lake record carp as well as big trout, salmon and pike. Somehow though I never seem to get any success on hard or soft plastics :-? This year therefore I have vowed not to baitfish until I have mastered lure fishing which is how I got into contact with Robert on this forum (who very kindly took on the role of mentor). I've been out quite a few times this year so far (the last time wading out in bare legs:eek: (a bit chilly) and am happy with the way I've got the lures working. I already feel like I'm re-addicted....all I need now is a bass....in fact even a mackerel would do...anything....please.....:-D:-D:-D

Hoping to learn lots here from all you capable fellows (and lassies?)!

·
Banned
891 Posts
Welcome aboard Iain!!! Good to see another Sussex Plugger here as we are seriously outnumbered by some of the other areas!!!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Spend a few hours reading through previous topics and posts, a goldmine of information on here.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Iain - looks like you aren't too far from me, was down at Pagham on Monday. Probably see you around there sometime soon!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
A very warm welcome to you Iain, we hope you enjoy :p

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Welcome to the forum Iain. You will learn all you need to know here.

I played golf for a while until I saw the light. It got in the way of fishing!

David

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Iain....You sound as if you'll fit in well with the rest of us nutters.......:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Crikey, thanks for all the welcome messages! I certainly like the feel of the forum from what I've browsed already so very glad to have been given the invite...and Brian I'll look out for you - which will be quite interesting as I've no idea what you look like :wink: So I suppose look out for some idiot who doesn't appear to have any idea what he's doing and a reputation for trying to find and chat up someone called Brian!!!! LOL Seriously though, I'm tending to put my efforts into the Church Norton side of the spit to really learn that patch as its got the extensive flats as well as the harbour mouth.

Maybe we can arrange to get together at some time though for I'm sure I know where the key to the ball and chain is hidden...........

·
Registered
260 Posts
So I suppose look out for some idiot who doesn't appear to have any idea what he's doing and a reputation for trying to find and chat up someone called Brian!!!! LOL Seriously though, I'm tending to put my efforts into the Church Norton side of the spit to really learn that patch as its got the extensive flats as well as the harbour mouth.

Maybe we can arrange to get together at some time though for I'm sure I know where the key to the ball and chain is hidden...........
:-D I thought I was the one down there that doesn't know what he's doing!

Will have to try that side - mainly fish from the other side as it's so close to me, but as you say the Church Norton side has the flats as well. Been that side once (only started late last year) and even persuaded my other half to come with me to see the dawn :shock:

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Hi Iain,
Welcome to the Lure Forum, Fished Pagham a fair few times. Don't have the reputation that it deserves, beautiful place.
If you see some mad bloke fishing at first light, come over and say hi.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will do guys as I only live up Pagham Road but have only ever bait fished Pagham beach. Are either of you out over this weekend? Cracking bass in your picture Dave.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Are you Brain?

Are you Brian?

Are YOU Brian?

ARE YOU BRIAN???

AHHHHHHH ARE YOU BRIAN!!!!????

Police warn beach users to be aware there is a strange man stalking the beaches of Kent.....

Welcome to the forum Iain ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts