The Lure Forums banner

Hi from Cradley Heath

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Dave Watson 
#1 ·
Hi all
Just a short note to introduce myself to you all.
I have been bait fishing for about 40 years from the shore , rocks and boats , but I now want to move on to lure fishing and plugging.
As I had very little idea about where to start , I have got myself a spinning rod and a few lures , and now Ive joined this forum to pick all the expert brains. Ive had a read through and you all sound like a great bunch of blokes , and hopefully i will get to meet up with a few of you to chuck a line and share a laugh or two.
I live in Cradley , which is just outside of birmingham , so I travel to either mid wales in summer for the bass , and to Aldeburgh , orford in the winter for the Cod. Either way its a few hour travel for me in any direction , so I dont get out as much as I like , but I try my best.:cry:

tight lines

Colin

#4 ·
Welcome to the Forum Colin. You'll find all the information and expertise you could ever want right here mate....

#8 ·
hi colin............i lived in Kingswinford until i was 10.............learned to swim in stourbridge in the outdoor( friggin cold) swimming pool, spent my early days fishing the local canals...... luckily my dad was from north wales which we moved back to and is where ive lived for 40 years now.welcome to the forum and if you ever manage to make it over here will try to meet up.......

#12 ·
Hi Trevor
I take my daughter swimming at the crystal leisure centre quite often , but its all indoors and nice and warm nowdays.
I need to drop a friend in Blackpool next weekend and am planning on spending a day or two in Anglesea trying out the new spinning rod and lures for the first time. I'll let you know closer to the time.

tight lines

Colin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.