The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone lure mates! I'm Pierluigi from Italy.....I'm sure I can learn very much from you and I hope I can be useful to this community.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
A warm welcome Pierluigi, pleased to have you with us from Italy :-D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome Pierluigi. Many Bass down that way??

Bass is a fall/winter fish here in Italy....this is pelagic fishes season......unluckily now I'm working all the day every day (I work in a holyday resort) so I can only prepare my LRF new tackle for September....:wink:...I'm falling in love with this new (for me) fishing.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Pierluigi, a very warm welcome to you!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Pierluigi. It's good to hear from another International member. Where in Italy do you live and what is the fishing like? I am sure there are a lot of members like myself who would be interested in reading about the fishing in Italy.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Welcome mate (hope you have fun here) :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi Pierluigi!! Welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live in the far South of Italy, at the south end of Puglia. Bass is our fishing goal in fall and winter....we try it especially in low deepness and among waves both on the rocks and beaches. In the last three-four years we have had a great rise of the number of bluefish and barracuda. they are fishes of from 1 to 6-7 kg (not so common). In summer we can try to dolphin and various other pelagic fishes......

But now I want to try with rockfish (both hrf and lrf)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun Pierluigi. Good luck with the Rock fishing, you find lots of expert advice on here......

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi Pierluigi
I caught a nice large mouth bass in italy last year and spend a week in tuscany every summer
lovely country

welcome aboard

Nick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome pierluigi and hope you enjoy the forum as much as everyone else, what lures do you use in Italy for the bass????
The trend now in Italy is for long slim lures...such as Daiwa Shoreline Shiner 140 and 170, Tide Minnow slim 145 and 170, Lucky Craft Sea Finger 130-150-170-190, Megabass X120 and X140, Rapala Max Rap. Most of them move at their best with jerking action retrieve, while quite has no own movement on linear retrieve. Rapala Max Rap has got a own movement on linear retrieve too.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I live in the far South of Italy, at the south end of Puglia. Bass is our fishing goal in fall and winter....we try it especially in low deepness and among waves both on the rocks and beaches. In the last three-four years we have had a great rise of the number of bluefish and barracuda. they are fishes of from 1 to 6-7 kg (not so common). In summer we can try to dolphin and various other pelagic fishes......

But now I want to try with rockfish (both hrf and lrf)
Good luck with adapting techniques to fish in your area.
Please keep us informed (good and bad).

Welcome to thelureforum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts