The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks, thanks for having me on board. I'm based in Brisbane and am a newby lure carver but long time fisho and look forward to haunting the boards.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
A warm welcome Shayne, hope you enjoy :p

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Shayne a warm welcome to the forum. i loved Brisbane when i was there a few years ago. great to visit the Gold coast and Surfers paridise from there. with plenty of fishing close at hand. hope you enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Hi Shane, Welcome to the Forum Mate...Can't wait to read and see the photo's in your first report with all the fantastic sport fishing you have....no pressure Shane.... ;-);-).....:-D:-D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome folks, I seem to spend more time teaching kids how to fish than fishing but I still get the occasional good fish. I'll try and post some pics and get some heart rates up.

Very interested in learning some techniques from your area to see if they are transferable.

In the mean time here is a photo of a batch of lures made to target Murray Cod for a tagging program. Photos with fish attached to follow later in the year. painted lures web size.jpg

Forgive the eyes, as I was too far into a bottle of Bundy Rum to be doing any better.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took a local state politician fishing with a mate a little while back, after we helped her catch the first ten Bass I had a bit of a cast myself. The photo is of a passable Golden Perch, roughly 20 odd inches long and around 4 lbs. Best I've heard of lately was around 14lbs, so not that fantastic but still fun on 3 kilo string around the snags. Golden Perch web size.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great stuff Shane and nice lures...the eyes don't look too bad mate..still I'm hungover anyway so what do I know...........Envious already.......;-)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hi Shane,

great to hear from down under. Lures look good enough to me mate.

Can't wait to see some of your post.

keep fishing mate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcome, about to organise a kayak trip into a special little spot, so hope to have some good shots soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts