The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, just found the forum recently and am pleased to see a forum dedicated to lure fishing. Just got into plugging last year, mainly for bass although there are very few people up here in Northumberland fishing in this way. Doesn't seem to have caught on up here even though there is plenty fish to be caught on lures.

Good to be here and hopefully will have some fishing reports to share soon :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
welcome dean,

i visit northumberland a couple of times a yr as the wife is from those parts. we stay nr alnwick generally but asking fishermen/ fishing shops/ fish shops on the coast people looked at me like I was mad when I asked them if there were any bass to be had up there.... when i mentioned lures as well they just looked at me with pity.....

good to hear there is good sport up there with bass on lures.... i'll bring my rod next time....

beautiful part of the country and an amazing coastline...

good luck

richb

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
A very warm welcome Dean, will be great to read your reports :-D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Welcome aboard Dean!!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Dean.....

There are one or two members up your way ......

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome Dean nice to have someone else from up north. Even if you are the wrong side of the Pennines lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
welcome dean,

i visit northumberland a couple of times a yr as the wife is from those parts. we stay nr alnwick generally but asking fishermen/ fishing shops/ fish shops on the coast people looked at me like I was mad when I asked them if there were any bass to be had up there.... when i mentioned lures as well they just looked at me with pity.....

good to hear there is good sport up there with bass on lures.... i'll bring my rod next time....

beautiful part of the country and an amazing coastline...

good luck

richb
Thanks for the nice welcome guys :)

Richard, its always like that up here. Most of the anglers I know are mainly into winter cod fishing. All summer I rarely see anyone else fishing on the beaches and rocks that I go to. There is definitely bass to be had if you find the right markl though. Give me a shout if you are up this way!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts