The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The name is Bill Morris and I fish a lot in Guernsey and along the south coast as well as exotic trips abroad when I can.

Introduced to the forum by a current Member

Have caught a lot of fish ,mainly freelined live sandeel from the beach resized2008_0821august080406.JPG but a lot on lures around the north of Guernsey and Herm

Any one who wants advise on this please get in touch

Am looking forward to fishing the gower this weekend on lures if the weather holds out

Attachments

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Hi Bill and welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Hi Bill and a very warm welcome from the forum, I live in Swansea and have a holiday caravan on the Gower, will look forward to maybe havig a trip there soon :p

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Bill welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it. How big was the bass in the picture ? it looks a cracker well done.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
The name is Bill Morris and I fish a lot in Guernsey and along the south coast as well as exotic trips abroad when I can.

Introduced to the forum by a current Member

Have caught a lot of fish ,mainly freelined live sandeel from the beach View attachment 2316 but a lot on lures around the north of Guernsey and Herm

Any one who wants advise on this please get in touch

Am looking forward to fishing the gower this weekend on lures if the weather holds out
welcome bill is that stroud gloucestershire ???

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A thank you from Stroud

Many thanks everyone for a very warm welcome

Yes I do come from Stroud in deepest darkest Gloucestershire

The fish in the picture weighed over 11lb and was one of 3 double figure fish caught in 3 drops one amazing day in August 3 years ago in between Sark and Jersey

Im sorry but they were caught on live launce

My biggest on lure was on a mackeral colured popper just twiched back slowly

The fish sucked it in like a fly and weighed over 7lb

I catch quite a few on my annual holiday to Guernsey every year as the inlaws live on the best bass beach on the Island

We visit it as a family every day!!!!

Lucky me

Fly fishing has been a good way of catching both Bass and Mullet

This year was a bit quiet however but apparantly is picking up now

Look forward to reading and learning from the forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts