The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all :)

im new to the site and wanted to say hi to all you lure fishers and tell you a little about myself. my name is Rich Taylor and i live in Weymouth and luckly for me i live just 5 minuits away from Chesil beach and the fleet lagoon. the later i find most fun as it can be full of schoolie bass, most are only about a pound but its how you fish for them. my main love is saltwater fly fishing which the fleet is perfect for and my best out of there so far on the fly was a stunning 2 3/4lber.

i fish alot of the local area and starting to know it well but its only resently ive got a car so im looking forward to getting to some good Perbeck marks such as Kimmerage, Mupe bay and Dancing ledge. so anyone who fishes these areas should get in touch and maybe we'll go find a few fish :)

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great first post Rich, welcome to the forum :-D

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi rich welcome to the forum. Wish i lived only 5mins from Chesil have fished there a few time during the winters it always semms to through up a few good fish. Some good bass are caught there each year. great 1st report.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hey Rich - a whole bunch of us will be down for the festival at the start of Spetmeber, so maybe we can meet up then?? Welcome and congrats on the first post. SWFF is a great way to catch bass and my lad will be bringing his fly gear with him when we visit.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi Rich,

I have started to fish out from Kimmeridge in a small boat working under the cliffs and ranges most weekends. Have had limited success to date but the ground looks promising. People have told me it is on fire at the moment but I must have been in the wrong place!

I will look out for you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi guys thanks for all the hello's

just a quick report, went to Kimmerage yesterday (first time fished) and had a great day. on my first cast had a schoolie about a pound! on the spinning rod. then a second before switching to the fly which i then had 2 on. not a bad start to the day. later on saw a lovely 5-6lb follow my eddystone eel and not take to my frustation! after that things went quite and i went exploring but later on headed back to the place i nearly had the larger fish. half hour later the rod went mental and i landed a lovely 4lber. (if i sort it out my profile pic was that fish) looking forward to the next trip

·
Registered
437 Posts
Great little report Rich welcome to the forum. Which side of Kimmeridge were you fishing? I had a go there at the weekend but the winds made it pretty much impossible.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Rich
Better late than never replying to your thread and welcome to the forum. I fish from Weymouth eastwards most of the time. Sometimes we have mackeral fiesta on Chesil with the family but its not really the best way to fish.
I prefer early or late starts aka Mike Ladle. It's great to be on the beach at first light. A few weeks ago a large dog otter watched me fish at 4.30am then emerged from the sea and watched me from the base of a cliff a few meteres back. Needless to say I had nought that time... Amazed though to see an otter in the sea in Dorset.
Maggot 'flies' are an interesting way to target mullet when they are nosing in the weed banks at high tide a few days after a storm. Kimmeridge is as good place as any.

Nick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts