The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum and fairly new to lure fishing. Im not having much success though i think thats down to lack of venues, i mainly just fish Ogmore river mouth and really want to try a few other places which is where i hope you guys come in. Im not after any ones marks just a place to start to catch something other than schoolies. As im a beginner i have`t had the urge yet to spend £20 plus on a lure:-o though im sure i will if things improve. My tackle box so far consists of mainly Dexters wedges some tobies, a load of different meps, a few sidewinders and a rapala J11. Thanks for reading and any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Stuart

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Hi Stuart and welcome, there are plenty of members in South & West Wales who meet almost every weekend, you will be welcome to join us :-D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Welcome to the forum :D. Nothing wrong with the hardwear in your tackle box Stuart - all of those will catch Bass. You would be very welcome to join the South Wales contingent on any of our trips to the Gower or down West :D.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Welcome to the forum Stuart,, looking forward to reading your posts and catch reports, and dont worry, its not the gear that is important, but the nut behind it... ;)

in all honesty the fishing around Oggy / Porthcawl is a good place to start, especially with flying c's, mepps, sidewinders and sluggos, throw in a couple of saltiga minnows and you will be well on your way to Obsession..:D

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Hi Stuart and welcome! Plenty of folk round here who'll help you decide how to spend your hard-earned if you make noises in that direction!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Stuart....you won't be short of good company down there mate.!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Stuart, the lures you got are proven bass catchers, however i bet it wont be long before you have maxed your credit card out on the lures **** has got :-D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome. I would definately be up for joining you guys. Im going to Devon tomorrow for a week but the following weekend i`ll be up for anywhere lol, thanks again this looks like a cracking forum by the way, very friendly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts