The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi from Pembrokeshire i have been bait fishing for 35years coarse and sea and have been fairly successful.Now i have just started lure fishing for a new challenge. i have no idea but have been lucky i have fished three times on pike and twice on bass and have caught on every occasion. i guess years of watercraft have paid off. with the pike a personal best of 23lb which measured 39.5 inches long and a girth of 24 inches with 7 others. on the bass i have had 22 fish with the biggest being 19.75 inches. A my fish have been taken on soft plastic shads with a slow retrieve. As said before none of these fish are due to any lure fishing skill on my part but down to luck i guess. i will fish lures only this coming year and try to improve. i am learning loads from the forum and cant wait till the spring to try for wrasse and gurnard on lures.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi John welcome aboard , where abouts in Pembs are you from ? I cut my teeth out of Saundersfoot (25 years) before I made the move to the Emerald Isle .
Still miss the beauty of Pembrokeshire sometimes , a fine county.....

Good luck with improving your lure fishing , you're in the right place on this forum anyway. In safe hands as they say...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Hi John welcome to the forum...........

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hello and welcome John. I have fished those marks a lot too (more last year than this year) but good to see you getting the results using lures. Maybe we'll see you out here some time!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi John -Welcome to the forum-Quite often fish pembs at weekends with son Si Clapham and sometimes Tim Griffin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts