The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im booked up for a weekend in Holland (22 & 23 of May), staying at Port Zeelande so hopefully I might get to catch a Dutch bass if Im lucky (Im not too sure about the tides but it was the only weekend I had left free this year - so "who dares wins" and all that)

Anyways hope to fish both days around the Oosterschelde :) (any tips appreciated)

cheers

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh, will try to meet you there if my wifes nothing already booked for that weekend.

Cheers
Thomas
Thomas - it would be a 5.5 hour drive for you! - maybe a little too far ? (Ive only got a 4.5 hour drive but Im staying down there)

Harold says that the tide is very good (lets hope the water warms a bit as its only about 3.5 at the moment)

Water temp link : http://www.actuelewaterdata.nl/watertemp/

Tides: (graph from 21/5 - week on right hand side) http://www.getij.nl/index.cfm?page=...ation=OOSTSDE04&Timezone=MET_DST&refPlane=NAP

cheers

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thomas - it would be a 5.5 hour drive for you! - maybe a little too far ? (Ive only got a 4.5 hour drive but Im staying down there)

Harold says that the tide is very good (lets hope the water warms a bit as its only about 3.5 at the moment)

Water temp link : http://www.actuelewaterdata.nl/watertemp/

Tides: (graph from 21/5 - week on right hand side) http://www.getij.nl/index.cfm?page=...ation=OOSTSDE04&Timezone=MET_DST&refPlane=NAP

cheers
there is also a cheap fisherman friendly hotel in Zierkzee of course lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello Spit,

Maybe we can make a small meet & greet (and fish ofcourse) for the one's from around,I'm live in Belgium and is about a 2 hours riding from from Zierikzee.

Grtzz

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Spit,

Maybe we can make a small meet & greet (and fish ofcourse) for the one's from around,I'm live in Belgium and is about a 2 hours riding from from Zierikzee.

Grtzz
Harold did mention a potential "mini meetup" (Harolds not 100% if he can fish that weekend yet) - what do the Dutch boys think??

Id be happy to meet up ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Guys,

Harold mentioned it to me to that there were plans for a sort of "start of the bass season" meeting. I think it's a great idea only i can't tell yet if i'm available the entire weekend. But 1 day will certainly work for me.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Guys,

Harold mentioned it to me to that there were plans for a sort of "start of the bass season" meeting. I think it's a great idea only i can't tell yet if i'm available the entire weekend. But 1 day will certainly work for me.
Sounds great - lets see what Harold says & we can all meet on one of the days then (will be really good fun I bet)

cant wait :)

Oh btw water temp hit 6c today over there ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Tom,

I think it will be great! Always really nice to meet up with other bass addicts :wink:

When the day comes i will be glad to make some pictures and post a report of the day to share with the rest.

The watertemp. still needs to double to start some serious bass fishing...(offcourse this is for the spots where i fish) Hope that the upcoming weeks will be very warm so the shore watertemp will rise up quickly :-D

btw this weekend the last session for the zander before the closed season and then slowly start with the prep's so ill be ready when the bass arrive :evil:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Tom,

I think it will be great! Always really nice to meet up with other bass addicts :wink:

When the day comes i will be glad to make some pictures and post a report of the day to share with the rest.

The watertemp. still needs to double to start some serious bass fishing...(offcourse this is for the spots where i fish) Hope that the upcoming weeks will be very warm so the shore watertemp will rise up quickly :-D

btw this weekend the last session for the zander before the closed season and then slowly start with the prep's so ill be ready when the bass arrive :evil:
Well I will have the type of kit we use in the Uk with me - so maybe a bit different to some of the stuff you guys use but interesting I guess. Also got a couple of Tenyru rods (in case you guys didnt get to try one yet)

Plenty of time for the weather to warm things up a bit ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I only now the red rods from pictures and reviews,it would be nice to try one out.For this year i stick to my teklon,because i had to learn alot about lurefishing!!Cant wait to start with it!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
there's not a lot of action here:sad::sad:
Nico - plenty of time yet (even if the others cant make it I will fish with you if you want)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Spitty,

I'm always in the mood for fishing,i was just wondering how much bass freaks from the mainland are on the forum to meet!!there's no rush at all.:-D

Grtzz

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hey Spitty,

I'm always in the mood for fishing,i was just wondering how much bass freaks from the mainland are on the forum to meet!!there's no rush at all.:-D

Grtzz
Hi Nico,

I love to join you in the first place guys.
Iff we succeed to catch any bass i don,t know, but the tide is perfect, lets hope the bass will be there aswell.

Water temp. is rising now (7 C) an normaly half may the conditions most be fine.
Before 22/23 may i,am try to catch the fist bass of 2010, you can bet on that.
The Oosterschelde is very changeable, there are very good day,s, the nexst day it,s noting at all.

But, i will do my best to locate the best spots for the meetup.
Iff there,s bass, we give it a proper go to catch some.
But anyway, iff there comes nothing between i,am in !

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds great guys :) (especially as my first two trips have been killed by the weather here lol) - water temp should be ok by then Im guessing

look forward to it (alot)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.