The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some more home designs. Just poured the silicone over them so it will be set tomorrow evening. Very deep (nearly 2 inches) for those big paddle tails!!

I worked out how to get rid of finger prints on the lures... Just need to rub them gently with your finger and the modelling clay goes nice and smooth, only problem is that it warms it up and you lose the shape you made a bit so only worked well for the larger ones.

LRF1.JPG

^^ LRF

LRFDumpy.JPG

^^ Dumpy LRF for those fish who like to nip at tails the hook will be much closer and a larger profile.

HRF1.JPG

^^ HRF size paddle tail.

PaddleTail1.JPG

^^ Large Paddle tail with some deep cuts to help the tail action (I hope) About 6 inches long.

PaddleTail2.JPG

^^ Another large paddle tail with a deep "split" in the middle, again I hope it will help the action become more 'S' like. The groove on what is the underside is to help a weighed (or weightless) texan style hook sit better and allow easy hookup as it will not have to push through a lot of plastic to set.

I have another block of modelling clay but no more silicone mould mateial at the moment so any comments more than welcome.

Pushing the boundaries I hope :-D

These ones will be ready for Jersey. My secret weapons ;-)

Attachments

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
A fine selection Andy! BIG paddletails! I'm sure you'll be into something with that little lot. Have you tried doing any multi-pours of different colours?

·
Registered
30 Posts
WOW! Just look at size of those tails, good job you put in the 10p. Will you fish the little ones on jigheads? Keith/Guest had some Imakatsu Javallons on his site a while back that had a real S,type swim on them. Also showed them on their site in the water. AGM have some copies, Lake Fork Live Magic Shads 4.5, I'm ordering some tomorrow! Will send you a couple if you pm me .

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Very good. Those tails should work a treat. Got to be a nice feeling catching on lures of your own making. Are you finding that a more slender lure is working better for you than a 'chubby' kind of shad shape?

·
Registered
268 Posts
They look really good Andy!
One thing that may help you lose those fingerprints a little easier and without the side effect of the clay warming up etc.
Try wearing latex gloves. Or if you cant stand latex, try Nitrile ones. Altho they are a little more expensive, they will / should stop your finger prints carrying thru to the clay.

Good luck with the lures mate and I look forward to hearing how they perform for you :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good luck mate :)

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well nothing interesting caught last night. The Dumpy LRF one however looks amazing in the water, really wide rolling action. The big ones I didn't get to see working proper but the one with the slit belly is gong to need a jig head, didn't do much with a weighted hook. Didn't try the others. All I had were a few pollack, nothing big and missed a big hit on the surface on an Xlayer weedless and weightless. not sure what it was but hook didn't make contact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts