The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having made my first soft plastic lure out of a mold I made from half a sloggo and half a swim senko I put it to the test this morning. Although not a big fish a bass toke the lure no problem. The tail on this lure really moving in the water

We had a further 3 bass the biggest being only about 3lbs. what can you expect on a very small tide with the water hardly moving.

Also caught must be the smallest gurnard caught on a lure

This fish was just bigger than the 3.5 inch black and yellow shad

We shall see what tomorrow brings

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Spot on Alan!! I'm gathering lots of scrap plastics and hope to make some bits over winter. Got to be a good feeling catching on own made lures.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great stuff Alan...will have to pick your brains..have just started to make my own as well........:-D:-D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Maybe but you're obviously asking the right people the right questions mate........you have the evidence of that......;-);-)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Alan, I think you can be rightly chuffed with that result!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes its great just deciding what sort of lure to design next out again tomorrow so we shall see if they continue to work

·
Registered
498 Posts
like the idea you had of combining multi lures into one alan, that could be endless, can just see the wifes face if i take the kitchen over in the winter!!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anybody with ideas of two different plastic lures working well together let me know I might give it a go, anyway off fishing now

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Alan,
Mie Ladel has been having alot of success with the front half of a sluggo (7.5") and the tail of a super sandra (16cm). Plenty of photo's of his catches with it on his website.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Good work Alan, it's satisfying eh!! And the best bit is that if you make a duff lure you can just chop them up and do it all again!!

P.S. I got the missus a new microwave today... The old one is now permanantly in my shed!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts