The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a proper homemade this afternoon for a bit, not really the right ground for it so no takers but since I had it rigged up I thought I would take a photo.

LargeRoseletRigged.JPG

I have caught bass on this, in strong tide.

I'm calling it a Large Roselet (grasdos, smelt etc etc).

The tail is very whippy and actually works a bit on it's own but with a twitch it darts all over the place. Very pleased with it and I feel this will be a bass catcher when used in the right places.

Hook is a 7/0 Owner cutting point from **** wrapped with solder wire for weight. maybe a bit too much weight on this particular one but I use solder as it's dead easy to adjust and cheap as.

just thought you might all be interested. And I know they're mine... My fingerprints from the modelling clay have transferred onto the mould and hence onto the lures :-o:-D.

Attachments

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
My fingerprints from the modelling clay have transferred onto the mould and hence onto the lures
Don't lose it or the litter police will be after you Andy!

Excellent lures, hope to get mine underway soon.

7/0? Hoping to snare a Tope are you?!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
7/0? Hoping to snare a Tope are you?!
A 2lb schoolie will happily take a 7/0 no problem. You have to match the hook size to the lure or youwill miss lots of takes.

I missed a fish this afternoon on one, had it on for a while and then it went slack when the fish was in some heavy white water, didn't see it but can't imagine it was anything but a bass taking something like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts