The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out with Derek Buesnel today in an easterly force 4 wind making it uncomfortable with the wind against tide.The tide was dropping fast with Derek fishing a redgill and I was using a white homemade (Jersey Wonder)

Nothing much happened for an hour with me taking the first fish which weighed in at 6.5lbs

This being safely returned

Moving onto another offshore reef resulted in a fish of 8lbs taking my homemade lure

Derek was fed up by this stage and decided to use one of my creations resulting a short time later in a fish of 6.5lbs

I took a smaller fish of around 1.5lbs a bit later on. All fish were caught around the low tide or just before. So things are looking up for you boys coming over for the festival

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Well done Alan top report again.

I don't suppose you fancy smuggling some of those homemade lures into the IoM for me???? I need some magic lures for sure this year. :-(

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
We are all a bit weird over here but Tim Murphy is the only deviant that I know :wink:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
That's better Alan.

Good fishing that, well done.

We saw signs of better fishing last night but in pretty naff conditions.
A few days might see it clear out after the peak of the tides. Alot of deposited weed getting collected up as the levels are still on the rise.

I'd be looking to fish 24" of water over the tops of vraic covered heads on these bigger tides. Go weedless and, try trimming the tails on your lures as the water speeds up. It works wonders sometimes.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will give it a go Keith we are out tomorrow although giving force 5 wind so we have to wait and see

1 - 19 of 19 Posts