The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well coming into winter months I am starting to think more about progressing this home made lure mallarkey.

Specifically into 2 part moulds for non flat-top lures e.g. senko or rockvibe type lures which are "round profile". Much easier to design my own with fully round bodies, I found trying to make a totally flat side for moulding purposes quite tricky, a 2 part mould would allow me to work out the kinks etc.

So I have been searching the net and not finding a lot of useful stuff about 2 part moulding to be honest so will keep looking.

i did however find this:

http://www.carnavenir.com/articles/fabricls.htm

You'll need Google translate unless you speak French, which i don't so it's funny reading it in auto translate but get the idea...

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
good link m8, nice.

Going into this stuff very soon but we are woodturning needles and pencils this winter first to get our supply up.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best bit about the first link is telling you what grade plastic hardness for differing types of lure. I pretty much had it like that anyway but would say that my LRF paddles do mowt until you use the soft compound. Must do you a vid of my own design ones, they have an unreal action which the pollack love.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts