The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had to take a short break this week. Since around the middle of July its been hectic and in fact with only one tough week late in June its been a great season so far. I made a quick prediction for a summer of silver in the SE not seen since 2006 back in early June on my blog - its worked out so far, and lets hope it continues

I cant express what it means to have customers here in nice conditions catching fish regularly - after three years of very very difficuly fly conditions everything has fallen back into place nicely.

The fishery is operating at its max at the moment and this is what I had seen and witnessed during the guiding seasons from 2003, 04, 05 and into 06 - then HELL was unleashed in terms of weather for three years. It was tough and I very nearly closed it.

This year the business is swinging the way that I want it to, more in the direction of saltwater fly fishing - with a divide of nearly 65-35 in terms of customers - from an earier post you might have seen a personal milestone passed - along with this many others have gone by the wayside too.

The sheer quality of the fish and the fishing experiences have left many customers speechless at times - great weather,follows, attacks, clear water, behaviour, environment, proximity,sight fishing, learning opportunities and many many shared experiences that will last forever

This is why I do what I do

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Haha great title - good to see its picked up!

I had a chance to walk round to near where we fished by the ferry in late 2008 - just before I jumped on the ferry back across to the UK a fortnight ago - perfect flat sea with looming clouds and it was warm and humid - I could see mullet, mackeral and seals having a ball in crystal water and thought how lucky anybody is that lives near to the sea ...

Someday I will give up the day job ...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Sounds great, Jim. I wish we could find such consistent fishing over here....

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Tim

Theres no doubt the fish are here for everyone to catch - its just not always possible to catch them I know - but at least the're here, lets hope we can keep it that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts