The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collected my post from the communal post box this morning (I live in a small bloack of flats). The letter I received from my solicotors regarding a car accident I had back in June '07 really pi**ed me off big time! Then, after posting as much in the " What chafes your ass? " thread, my neighbour knocks on my door. He had accidentally picked up one of my letters by mistake. In it was a letter from Forward Press. A publisher of various things including a book to be brought out soon called "A Tapestry Of Thoughts". Simply put, a poetry book. With the letter was enclosed a copyright / permission form for a poem I wrote a few years ago and had completely forgotten that I had sent to them, on a friends advice. Anyway, they wish to include my poem in their book.
Talk about swinging the tiller of the mind from hard to port to hard to starboard! Wound up to hell on one account and chuffed to bits on another.

Anyway, as they have deemed it worthy of print, I thought I would throw it in here, so as to help bore any late night readers to sleep...

My True Love, The Mistress Of My Heart
---------------------------------------------------------

I first saw her when I was but a child. And although much older than me, I fell truly, madly deeply and passionately in love at first sight, to be forever her slave from the moment we first touched. As I've grown older, my love and passion for her only increased with each beat of my heart. Captivating it and my and soul forever.

She has the heart and soul of an angel, so peaceful and serene, bringing such a sense of elation, almost exstacy, to be in her company. Yet so full of life and anger that she can destroy anyone and anything in her path, if she so wishes. So please, don't dare to try her patience.

She has the warmth and beauty of a summers day. Basking you in her comforting embrace and bringing life to all she comes into contact with. Yet can be so cold as to freeze the life right out of you. Leaving you frozen as solid as a statue in a mueseum for all to gaze upon.

She has the beauty, grace and elegance of a prima ballerina. Taking delicate, precise steps accross the stage of life whilst performing her art. Yet, when angered and tormented. She will come charging like a run away freight train crashing into the terminus, spreading chaos, carnage and death all around her.

Some love her, yet others hate her. Some fear her, yet others attempt to take liberties with her. Heed these simple words of wisdom, because all must respect her! Those that don't innevitably pay the ultimate price with their life. All too many, never to be seen again.

Here I am in my second half of my life and find I cannot be without her. Everyday I need her more and more, to worship, adore and touch her. To feel her touch upon my skin, her all embracing caress. Being with and around her is like a drug surging through my veins. Carrying with it, a sensation of life, living, joy, comfort and bliss throughout my entire being. Be it a day where she is warm or cold, peaceful and serene, or angry and just waiting to explode. I need her as much as I need the air that I breathe. For without her, the breathing is but an exercise in endless futility, frustration, heartache and sorrow.

When that fateful day or night finally arrives, where I have drawn my last breath. Then I beg of you, grant me this one request. Wrap me in canvas and bind me with heavy chains. Take me out to her and lower me into her belly, so that I might at last truly join with her and become a part of her very being. My soul spending the rest of eternity with her. The bringer of all life to our planet. My true love, the mistress of my heart, the deep, blue, endless sea.

Andy - Scrawl Of The Wild Ones

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
As you say Andy what a difference a day makes. Chuffed to bits for you mate that's some achievement having a piece of work published. Well done.......

Does that make you a fully fledged "LUVVIE" now??? :wink::wink:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG no!! Never will be either! Lol.

Thanks tho Trev.

A little too "colourful" in both body and language to fit the part of a luvvie.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I collected my post from the communal post box this morning (I live in a small bloack of flats). The letter I received from my solicotors regarding a car accident I had back in June '07 really pi**ed me off big time! Then, after posting as much in the " What chafes your ass? " thread, my neighbour knocks on my door. He had accidentally picked up one of my letters by mistake. In it was a letter from Forward Press. A publisher of various things including a book to be brought out soon called "A Tapestry Of Thoughts". Simply put, a poetry book. With the letter was enclosed a copyright / permission form for a poem I wrote a few years ago and had completely forgotten that I had sent to them, on a friends advice. Anyway, they wish to include my poem in their book.
Talk about swinging the tiller of the mind from hard to port to hard to starboard! Wound up to hell on one account and chuffed to bits on another.

Anyway, as they have deemed it worthy of print, I thought I would throw it in here, so as to help bore any late night readers to sleep...

My True Love, The Mistress Of My Heart
---------------------------------------------------------

I first saw her when I was but a child. And although much older than me, I fell truly, madly deeply and passionately in love at first sight, to be forever her slave from the moment we first touched. As I've grown older, my love and passion for her only increased with each beat of my heart. Captivating it and my and soul forever.

She has the heart and soul of an angel, so peaceful and serene, bringing such a sense of elation, almost exstacy, to be in her company. Yet so full of life and anger that she can destroy anyone and anything in her path, if she so wishes. So please, don't dare to try her patience.

She has the warmth and beauty of a summers day. Basking you in her comforting embrace and bringing life to all she comes into contact with. Yet can be so cold as to freeze the life right out of you. Leaving you frozen as solid as a statue in a mueseum for all to gaze upon.

She has the beauty, grace and elegance of a prima ballerina. Taking delicate, precise steps accross the stage of life whilst performing her art. Yet, when angered and tormented. She will come charging like a run away freight train crashing into the terminus, spreading chaos, carnage and death all around her.

Some love her, yet others hate her. Some fear her, yet others attempt to take liberties with her. Heed these simple words of wisdom, because all must respect her! Those that don't innevitably pay the ultimate price with their life. All too many, never to be seen again.

Here I am in my second half of my life and find I cannot be without her. Everyday I need her more and more, to worship, adore and touch her. To feel her touch upon my skin, her all embracing caress. Being with and around her is like a drug surging through my veins. Carrying with it, a sensation of life, living, joy, comfort and bliss throughout my entire being. Be it a day where she is warm or cold, peaceful and serene, or angry and just waiting to explode. I need her as much as I need the air that I breathe. For without her, the breathing is but an exercise in endless futility, frustration, heartache and sorrow.

When that fateful day or night finally arrives, where I have drawn my last breath. Then I beg of you, grant me this one request. Wrap me in canvas and bind me with heavy chains. Take me out to her and lower me into her belly, so that I might at last truly join with her and become a part of her very being. My soul spending the rest of eternity with her. The bringer of all life to our planet. My true love, the mistress of my heart, the deep, blue, endless sea.

Andy - Scrawl Of The Wild Ones
Very nice but there are some regulations regarding the canvas & chains bit - here are the current rules (http://www.mceu.gov.uk/mceu_local/fepa/Burial-guide.pdf)

4.7 The coffin will be subjected to considerable stress when entering the
sea and during its descent to the seabed and must be constructed in such
a way as to ensure that it will withstand any impact and carry the body to
its final resting place. All corners of the coffin should be butt-jointed and
strengthened with either mild steel right-angle brackets screwed internally
or substantial wooden bracing struts (e.g. 50mm x 38mm).
4.8 40 to 50 holes of 50mm (2") should be drilled in the coffin. This allows
the rapid ingress of water and exit of air, thereby ensuring that the coffin
will sink quickly to the seabed.
4.9 To ensure that the body remains on the seabed it is required that
approximately 200kg (4cwt) in total of iron, steel or concrete should be
clamped to the base of the coffin with brackets of 10mm mild steel bar.
Experience has shown that blocks of a weak concrete mix are suitable.
The weight should be distributed in such a way that will resist any
tendency for the coffin to assume a vertical position.
4. 10 A system of mild steel banding must be applied to the coffin with 2
bands around the longitudinal axis and bands also at approximately 30cm
intervals around the coffin along its length to ensure that it withstands the
impact on entry to the sea and deposit on the seabed.

I have told the misses I want to go overboard when I kick the bucket (& its to be over a bass wreck with a load of you suckers on board for a session :) )

I've been drinking - I'll get my coat...........

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Tim.
So you were the one withthe camera when I was caught short on the boat and couldnt find a bucket ;)

Spitfire:
In the UK - or off the UK - there are just three sites left where a person can be burried at sea. Off the Isle of Wight somewhere, some place off Kent and way up north near Newcastle.
Either way, I'd like for whats left of me to go and enter the food chain of the sea. Bit by bit, I should slowly and hopefully, get to visit every sea and ocean of the world eventually :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thanks Tim.
So you were the one withthe camera when I was caught short on the boat and couldnt find a bucket ;)

Spitfire:
In the UK - or off the UK - there are just three sites left where a person can be burried at sea. Off the Isle of Wight somewhere, some place off Kent and way up north near Newcastle.
Either way, I'd like for whats left of me to go and enter the food chain of the sea. Bit by bit, I should slowly and hopefully, get to visit every sea and ocean of the world eventually :)
Twin Towns style - its gonna be occuring lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you ****. Very much appreciated.

Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts