The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Frightened? Only be frightened of the size of fish you will get on a good day. We have been using lures up to 10" regularly for the last two seasons, including 8" Sidewinders and Mother Eels and they work very well. Having said that I'd be banking on August/September and later, weather allowing, to see the bigger lures score.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Frightened? Only be frightened of the size of fish you will get on a good day. We have been using lures up to 10" regularly for the last two seasons, including 8" Sidewinders and Mother Eels and they work very well. Having said that I'd be banking on August/September and later, weather allowing, to see the bigger lures score.
9" is the largest I've used with success. Tandem rigged McKenna style sluggo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've just got some of those fork tails,the hook size is more frightening...........will be trying a more suitable hook
configuration I think,that pennel rigging sounds good.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Single hook if I can but sometimes a stinger if the fish are shy. Don't like internally rigged pennels much, not flexible enough (in that you can't add and remove them easily). But that's just a personal choice. Others will prefer pennels so best see what suits you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nigel

Have had good success with 10" slugs later on in the year, single hooked (7/0 EWG). Even the smaller fish have no trouble taking them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts