How OCD R U, How OCD R U, How OCD RU................................................... | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

How OCD R U, How OCD R U, How OCD RU...................................................

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fly Corner' started by {name}, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Sandeel

I am beyond redemption

Reels serviced (by me, too precious to let anyone else meddle), 7 boxes saltwater flies, 6 stillwater and river, 3 lures for ressy.

All waterproof gear re-proofed, lures boxed, sp's mounted and glued, rod's polished. Rucksacks packed (3)

Kayak, all fixings, checked and mastic'd, greased and oiled. All ropes, leashes checked, trailer checked over. All accessories reviewed, anchors, compass, trollies, wheels, rudder etc

Torches work, knives sharp, spares sorted, waders checked for leaks and re-proofed. Got a trolling motor, contacts sprayed, cables checked, battery good

Sat by door waiting wistfully for end March

What should I do now, sod it I think I'll check it all again in case I've missed something

Anyone else similarly affected?, how do you spend your doldrum months in preparation

Delighted if anyone could drop there gear off for remedial work and respite care (which is probably what I need personally)

I am also quite a keen dinghy sailor, think I'll just check the rigging.............................

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Striper

Got nowhere near as much gear as you Kieran but I clean everything between camping/fishing trips throughout the year and do it all "properly" before storing the gear for the winter. Next few weeks will see it all checked again, batteries for headlights/torches, new hooks where needed, axe and machete sharpened etc. Nowt wrong with looking after your stuff!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Pollock

Not OCD. Look after your gear and it will look after you!!

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Bass

I'd be too tired to go fishing after doing all that .....lol

Not really , preparation is crucial you don't want to lose a 10 lbr because of gear malfunction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Banned

Fail to prepare = prepare to fail.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Blenny

Reels and rods sat where I left them in November, Kayak unloved in the garage, motor still in my van along with my waders. Yup I'm ready

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Blenny

Did you say lures?! :eek:

8. Sandeel

I have been known to walk on the dark side

If only to show the light

Atb

K

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Striper

Rods and waders still in van
    Reels part serviced ( a bit of a clean new roller bearings )
    Boat is winterised but still have a list of jobs to do
    Lures still in bag

10. Banned

1 : Reels serviced then put back in the bag
    2 : bag chucked back in the loft along with everything else
    3 : wait till it's warm enough to survive a loft visit as that means it's fishing time again :)

11. Perch

Always rinse off and clean rods, reels and terminal gear. Reels lubed and maintained and lines changed out as required. I keep most of my gear in the house where it's moisture free. I do this throughout the year not just at end of/off season. As Pete says above "failing to prepare is preparing to fail!" It's a saying I bandy about quite a lot and not just applied to fishing! I have witnessed first hand tackle failures due to poor maintenance/treatment. At the least it spoils a days fishing, at worst it may cost you the catch of a lifetime.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Sandeel

Im afraid I am as organised as John M it's only after the first couple of trips I start to get my shit together.The only thing of mine that is ready is my fly box the rest has pretty much stayed where I left it.

Talking of Kieran's OCD i do like to turn his flies around in his box whenever I get the opportunity the look of horror on his face is priceless lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Sea Trout

What do you polish your rods with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Sandeel

Mike

JusT furniture polish

15. Sea Trout

i.e. Mr Sheen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Pollock Supporting Member

Try being an allrounder. With no closed season, and kit used for multiple disclplines I have to keep everything ticking over all year, so no big sort outs, just dealing with stuff as it arises.......tomorrow and Wednesdays river chub kit will turn into reservoir piking stuff for Friday, and back to chubbing for next week.......

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Sandeel

Yup that sort of thing Mike

K

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bass

Service this lot every Feb. Don't start me on rods...presently in the middle of rebuilding three...I have a thing about full cork handles...I mean why oh why would you put duplon on anything???

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Sandeel

Thanks for all the responses lads

Bit relieved that I am not isolated, keep up the good work

ATB

Kieran

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pollock Supporting Member

If there's mono on any of those Tim, and you were really OCD they'd be stored in the dark..........mine are in drawers in the cellar.....UV aint gonna lose me fish...............

• Like Like x 1