The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well done great fish and hard fighting,

Do you always use the small tobys? Have you ever tried small mepps spinners with a single hook and one maddie or a small rag?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Golden Grey action...

Never tried that Ger, eventhough, I know it works. I read an article years ago about using the mepps but couldn't get one at the time so I adapted a small toby and it worked. So I've been using them ever since...I suppose I'm being a small bit lazy there. Mind you I had a specimen gg in 2007 on the bare spinner as opposed to the baited offering.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Never tried that Ger, eventhough, I know it works. I read an article years ago about using the mepps but couldn't get one at the time so I adapted a small toby and it worked. So I've been using them ever since...I suppose I'm being a small bit lazy there. Mind you I had a specimen gg in 2007 on the bare spinner as opposed to the baited offering.
I must give it a go again this year,interesting the toby works fairplay. How deep was the water you were fishing in? I find using this method in shallow water very tough there easy spooked.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Nice one Pat. I'm hoping to get some this year on LRF. Tried last year and struggled but this year the gear (and the reflexes!) will be more in tune.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts