The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can anyone give any advice on using Bombardas, and when to use floating or sinking types?

·
Registered
779 Posts
The bombardas come in several types - sinking, fast sinking, slow sinking, suspending, floating (might have missed one lol). They are very popular for sea trout on the continent.
Easy to use - just thread on mainline (if you use braid or soft mono you can suck it through the tube - easier than trying to push through) and give yourself about (or up to) a 3m drop - a small float stopper or similar is fine (casting is way easier if youre in the water imo - you can lay the line on the water making casting a bit easier) - tie a fly on and away you go. Being as its popular I expect theres a whole range of retreive types (try looking at some of the German or Danish seatrout vids)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBSv2E-IwtM - looks fun (I still have to catch like this but I havent done it that much - think K&K have done quite a bit)

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much Tom ....... will try and do a bit more research.

Keith ..... can you explain a bit more on which type (floating, sinking or fast sinking) to use and what kind of lure (fly, SP or HP) to use with it please?

I imagine their body weight depends on how far you need to cast it .... or .... will the sinking ones, for example, all sink at the same speed regardless of the body weight?

What situations would you use them in to gain an advantage?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts