The Lure Forums banner

HRF - Megabass Bumpee Worm

803 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Ben Field 
#1 ·
Not a report or a question exactly - more a review. When I was out looking for a few Wrasse yesterday (was it?!), I went fairly well loaded with lures but although i didn't catch, one of the nicest to fish with was the Megabass Bumpee Worm (rigged below with a glass bead and 10g cone weight).

Insect Wood Arthropod Reptile Terrestrial animal

I didn't realise before using them, but they float - which made made them very easy to bump around the bottom without any fear of snagging. On the move their action is so fluid, its lovely. At rest they'll sit there with their 'flippers' waving up at an angle, tempting those rock fish in with their smiles. They didn't in fact catch me any fish obviously, but I'll be using them again for sure. I won't hesitate in buying a bigger range of colours in fact - the caramel colour above may not be ideal all of the time.

Nice lures. Just thought I'd share.

This is the sort of place I was chuckin' em....

Water Sky Water resources Azure Natural landscape

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That ones the standard but I did use the Baby as well. I need some smaller hooks.

#5 ·
heavy hooks do sink them Ben.
Great lure though but very rubbery. Might be better in warmer water.
I've had a few Wrasse on them however.
Noticed that. You really have to force the hook point in.

#7 ·
I did a bit Mike.

If only I had Evergreen! lol

Its a weird place. I've never explored down there much before. There's the Worlds strongest current just around that corner and its actually really hard trying to figure out where to fish around it. This pool was on the edge of a huge eddy and crossing of currents. Although this bit was calmer, I wouldnt be surprised if there was little in the way of kelp or weed anywhere near the main current, so it may not actually be the 'wrasse central' that it looks. Notice there's very little weed on the rocks too - a lot to do with the current I think. May start another thread...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.