The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with Tom for a 2.5 hour trip tonight as he as been struggling to connect with the Wrasse. I took him to a good mark where I knew he had a real shot at getting bites.

It didn't take long to realise that he wasn't feeling the OTD bites at all. It's hard in larger groups to watch what everyone is doing but I think after tonight, the method of OTD and feeling the bottom etc is burned into his memory.

We've had a few trips where it's been bites and few fish. The water has been crystal clear. We hit the North coast tonight.

The reins baits are still proving to be devastating. I'll have a few pkt's on Sunday for sure.

Emeraude xlayers are still getting lots of attention by the fish.

Emerade xlayer, 1/2oz lead, glass bead, straight worm hook on the short carolina rig.

My Wrasse from tonight. 3lb.
I lost a much bigger one and again, had a pkt of xlayers smashed. Running out myself now..

After spending 30 minutes guiding Tom, he finally got it !

Burned into the memory now or it will never sink in. HRF Silver for Tom. This fish went 5 1/2lb on the Boga. 7g Jig, Zoom Finesse worm in purple flake. Taken OTD in current. What a way to feel your first real OTD bite. His Bushwhacker was doubled over and the drag was smoking......

It'll only keep getting better as more people adopt and embrace soft lures LRF / HRF style.

I think his underpants are as brown as Ritchie's were the other night. Serious scrap.

Fish was returned after the photo's and recovered extremely quickly.

Well done m8.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Brilliant stuff guys!

Great bass Tom, I bet you're seriously chuffed.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
nice one guys bloody good effort! im glad toms cracked it

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Excellent session ..... great photos too .. thanks for sharing ... very envious!!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Brilliant !!! Superb to see a 5lb Shirley landed !! Well done guys, great fishing again :clap:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Brilliant!! Big well done to Tom!!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Cracking stuff, what a way to break the duck. It was only monday night you said in the car that someone would nail a good Bass when fishing the HRF. Were you targeting Wrasse at the time, or Pollack?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Well done on the bass Tom!!!! Excellent uition might have helped a bit I suppose.....

I am wondering if **** needs another shop assistant, I could move over there, catch a few fish, live the dream......

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great fish lads,you have certainly added a new and exciting dimension to lure fishing
happy days
Bob

1 - 20 of 23 Posts