The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fished this mark with lures? My usual marks have really dropped off this month, partly due to coloured water but also a lack of decent sized fish. Thus, new areas need to be explored.

Cheers.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Ben,
Not my area so can't help on Hurst Castle, But thinking about visiting weymouth next weekend (depending on the forecast), welcome to join me.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool cheers Dave! Unfortunately can't confirm right now due to uni work/funds/permission but will let you know asap.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
No worries Ben, It will depends if the big blow pushes through before the weekend. Will pm you later in the week.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've heard of a guy that does well at hurst. Never fished it myself so can't personally comment and not sure whether early, middle or late season, i do know it produces though. Be warned tide rips through there.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I tried my luck last year at Hurst, managed to blank big time.
Mega weed, If I was going to try again I would only fish neep tides.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have only fished it once with a friend. The best spot is just behind the castle where the spit hooks around slightly. When I fished there loads of mackerel and garfish were driving small fish up into this slight bay and we enjoyed some great fun fishing with anything shiny. Good Luck. I also think there are a fair few schoolies in the estuary there good fun on LRF.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...8155,-1.548922&spn=0.002249,0.005681&t=h&z=18 a very slight hook.
the estuary
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...4409,-1.566732&spn=0.008994,0.022724&t=h&z=16
Hope this is of some help.
Joe

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I've never fished it myself but a lot of people on a bait forum I know do. Can be a nightmare for weed on big tides like others have said, so I'd try it on neaps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts