The Lure Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
That is a bit harsh coming from from somebody who has probably got more red rods than fish caught!!!
Quite how you figure that out Dave I don't know especially as I have never met you or fished with you.

It's true I was a much better Carp angler and Fly angler than I am a lure angler, but I still have loads to learn with lures, unfortunately I have only managed to get out maybe 10-15 times this year as Work must come first, even so I have caught more bass than I have rods, let alone Red Rods.
I have never caught a Campbell on a lure though.

I still say the Mansbridge 20's are completely safe, even the Polish can't catch them, they keep trying because they want them for Christmas dinner.:shock:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Isn't it just about getting out, wetting a line and enjoying catching a few fish? I can't get to the coast often, and this year has been rather difficult for that for various reasons, but I have really enjoyed spending the odd lazy summers evening at the local public park catching a few sub-10lb carp on light gear instead. Might seem easy to some, but I loved it. And nobody else I spoke to this year while walking my dog there daily was catching them :mrgreen: 7lb fluoro, 2500 Rarenium and the Total Precision, it was magic stalking them!

It's like lure fishing. Some people love the subtlety of LRF, others enjoy badooooshing but as long as we all enjoy what we're doing, who cares?

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
Isn't it just about getting out, wetting a line and enjoying catching a few fish? ....... as long as we all enjoy what we're doing, who cares?
we would like to think so Rob my old buddy

but as long as people enjoy spouting second-hand cut n paste bollocks or opinionated but worthless hot air based on the halcyon days - who needs to go fishing?

·
Banned
129 Posts
Rob, it is all about getting out there and wetting a line and catching some fish. However you do it, whether you spend 50 or 500 quid on a rod or have a handful of lures from AGM or boxes full of 20 quid lures and bags of 10 quid softies, it really doesn't matter IMO, but im sure most of us have a reasonable level of skill to fulfill this quest. Being on this forum shows we take it a bit more serious than others, doesn't it? we all like to learn and try new things and hone our craft so we can increase our chances of putting more fish on the bank. If your only purpose is to just catch a few fish the why do we try to do it with a method that isn't exactly the most productive or easiest? lol

·
Registered
420 Posts
Can you guys play nicely , stop bitching at each other its only fishing !!:rollineyes:
Aww Bob, Rob vs James is the funniest series of pointless spats I've ever had the misfortune to read - absolutely priceless entertainment! :-D:-D:-D

·
Registered
728 Posts
Aww Bob, Rob vs James is the funniest series of pointless spats I've ever had the misfortune to read - absolutely priceless entertainment! :-D:-D:-D
Quite right Paul. Rob Vs James in this thread and Rob Vs Rod in the " recent visitors" thread; quality entertainment. Much more fun than the tedious threads about lure fishing. Maybe we could have a poll to vote for a winner

Having just checked the latest posts on the "recent visitors" thread looks like it's Rob Vs the world

·
Banned
557 Posts
At the risk of sounding like i am having a go at you James, i really doubt you have any "watercraft" im sure if i look through my PM's on face book you asked me the definition of watercraft. But like many things in life you cant learn it from the internet or reading books. It can give you a heads up, but it doesnt give you watercraft, this is something that there is no short cut too as its born from experience and that comes with time on the bank. And you yourself on here have told us your fishing history.
You say you have watercraft because you have caught carp off the top, a fish that you have just said is easy to catch and basically saying you dont need watercraft to catch carp. Please show us a photo of you with a fish, any fish. i think every angler on this site can do so.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

James.........im getting De Ja vu
Deja vu? What are you talking about? It's my opinion and I am sticking to it. When I started fishing, I was considerably younger than I am now, we didn't take cameras, we just went fishing. I didn't have the ego then that I do now, so didn't really feel the need to document every single catch, although now I will as I do see it as a sort of pride thing as I have matured, and I have also adopted a more sporting attitude. You know me better than anybody here mate, and you know that I really couldn't give a toss what anybody thinks, I'm not here to please anyone, I'm here to talk about something I love, and that's fishing. As far as your WC comment, no, I asked you what your definition was, if you remember correctly I also said that there were a fair few definitions knocking about, and I wasn't quite sure on which one to stick to. It really pisses me off that you are using a private conversation on an open forum to try to belittle me, I honestly thought you were above that..... clearly I was wrong, which wouldn't be the first time.

I don't see it as a 'Rob vs James' thing, I've met Rob, he's a nice guy. I don't want to piss him off, or offend him in any way, as that's no longer what I am about. A couple of years ago, abso-'kin-lutely..... Lee will confirm that, but not now. Times have changed, and in a lot of ways I am a different person. As far as Rob's comment that the "carp will be safe", I saw that as tongue-in-cheek. He's fished with me once, he has no idea of my fishing skill and ability. I may not be a good lure angler, and I certainly don't claim to be. Being good at something comes with experience, and I am the first to stand up and admit that my lure fishing experience is very, very limited.

I will catch one of those bloody carp. Using bolt rigs with boilies is not the only way to catch carp........

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

As somebody once said, "opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one"

When things are typed online, they often get misinterpreted.... even sometimes with people that you have met, and in some cases people you have known for years.

If my opinion comes across an arrogant, then sorry, but it's my opinion. I don't know how to make it seem less arrogant - that opinion is based on first-hand experience, surely nobody can take that from me? Of course, the experiences of others can and do sometimes clash and disagreements are had, although that is human nature, and it's also the nature of forums. If everybody agreed all the time, it would get very boring and forums wouldn't go anywhere,

·
Banned
129 Posts
. It really pisses me off that you are using a private conversation on an open forum to try to belittle me,
I wasnt going to comment but i just cant help myself. The comment above is the one that really gets me. How many posts of yours do you think i could find with things i have said to you in a PM on FB? Things that you have said on here as if they are from your own experience..........................
The De Ja Vou comment was in relation to the fact you are doing on here exactly what you used to do on the reptile forums.
I said to you when i told you about this site and refered you ( yes its my fault every one) not to act like you did on them, but your just the same.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I'll go by what your signature says. In your opinion I have, in mine I haven't. You seem to believe that I have made you look like a cock, I haven't. If I had have known what you said also entailed to just let you take the piss on an open forum and be a primadonna without any reason whatsoever then I would have stuck you on ignore from the start, although I admit that I didn't.

·
Banned
129 Posts
No your right james.......i am sorry, i have acted like a cock........ill just block you then.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.