The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... I actually went fishing tonight! Shock horror! First time in this area for ages. Fishing is fishing at the end of the day, but what I was doing could be conceived as a right mix. Sandy beach with HRF tactics on what would be considered by most an LRF rod (truth is though it is actually rated to 42g - but still easily fishes 2g - solid tipped). Anyway, I wasn't out for long but did pick up a couple of schoolies just before dark, just beyond the shore break. Both took a small soft bait on a 7g head on the drop. Bit too much swell today so I was really, really limited to where I could fish, so more than happy to catch by the end of it. Must find time for a longer session asap!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was ****. I'd have shown it off if I didn't have the RAC man waiting outside :-( So, so impressed with it in fishing situations. Being solid tipped it's not the best rod for bottom fished shakey head stuff, but for slow retrieves or more often, intentional OTD fishing it's crazy good. Suits me really.

Patience young Timothy!! One of these days. He's living in the car at the mo, just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts