The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i rarely ever fish twice in the same day but when some of the lads said they were going to the spot i was yesterday i had to join them.so we met in the car park and headed off on the 40min walk again at 6.30pm my legs were feeling the walk from earlier and i knew id be under pressure.we had to wait for the tide to drop to cross a small channel to get out to the mark.now it was a different story to when i was there earlier the wind was after picking up and there seemed to be more weed in the water.eventually we got out and on with the xlayers and weed weed and more weed i knew it was a waste of time all we were doing was cleaning weed every cast.now this spot is a real sp or metal mark like p-boys or a kilty as the channel can be very fast at times.well i put on a patchinko because it was sick of the weed and first cast bang right at my feet just at the edge of the drop off i could not believe it.a good fish it was too not normal for to get a fish of this size in that spot so i was well pleased.that was the only fish between us then it was time to go back home another 40 min walk.by the time i got back to the car my legs were in bits so i decided to have a lie in this morning.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice fish fella, sounds like you got quite a spot there! worth the walk eh.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Pat you are putting us to shame, but there again you had a long walk and masses of weed and rightfully should be rewarded for the effort :-D

Well done mate!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alex he was one of the strongest bass i ever held i was struggling to hold him for the pics he went back like a bullet into the current.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Lovely, lovely fish Pat!!!

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
Thats a cracking fish Pat.
That weed that your talking about sounds very familiar at the moment!!! It's a pain in the proverbials!!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice one Pat well done on the few fish and fair play on with all that walking!!! missed your call the other night back in aberdeen now but Im home Friday for good, so must meet up for a session then!! Cant wait for the weed to clear off that mark....

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Pat, cracking fish. I would walk 40 mins for one of those!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well done!! the patchinkos a superb lure, Had all my biggest from the surface this year.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Superb fish Pat !!! :clap: :clap:

I'll probably be back over in September, and also hope the weed has gone !!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts