The Lure Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andrew and I started fishing the estuary this morning at 0800.So cold!As we reeled in, the braid left an icile on the rod tip.As the sun cleared the headland a tiny bit of warmth was dished out,but still bitter.
I must admit that having followed the catch reports this week I wasn't hopeful, but conditions,apart from the cold, were superb.We really worked the whole area hard.Andrew was mixing it up lure wise, whilst I stuck to my lucky sluggo_Or in this case ,unlucky sluggo!
Yep...Big blankarooni.Although i wasn't hopeful,we still left gutted.The different spots around this mark were just looking so fishy!
Is it time to hang up the old spurs for a bit?See if it gets a bit milder to have another crack.
Be interesting to see what this weekend brings for people.Just seems like it has switched off!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Well done on getting out boys - Far better than sitting indoors, thinking there were probably fish to be had!

Saying that, there definitely still will be fish around. This weekend is looking set to bring in milder conditions, will hopefully see a(small) peak in the fish numbers. Even during the coldest of Winters, there are still good Bass caught pretty much every month around these parts.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
that must have been cold to get ice on your tip ring from salt water.

i dont know if it works for saltwater, but for freshwater fishing i rub a little glycerine on the rod rings and it helps prevent ice forming on them.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Guys bad news i told you it was a long shot after the experiences over the week. went out again lat night nothing happening to speak of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts