If you could only... | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

If you could only...

Discussion in 'Metal Lures' started by {name}, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Striper

+1 for the dexter wedge

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pollock Supporting Member

We've no idea of conditions, which is why I went Toby. Some would be much better at specific tasks, but I reckon you could "Jack of all trades" with the Toby (people whove been definite about going lighter at 28gm not 40gm are probably right) I've even caught on them twitched across the bottom-and left to lie static. You might even pick up a Bonefish/Permit or Stingray like that. I'd want a selection of treble/single/assist hooks if that's allowed though Mike.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wrasse

I have used the P boys for a number of years. Cast like missiles but the finish on them is truly abysmal. After one session they are nearly down to the metal. I suppose I could coat them with something but that's not the point, they should be better finished from the manufacturer.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Sea Trout

Great thanks for the info Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Perch

One of the ways to fish the dexters is to hoof it out as far as you can and then crank like buggery so the lure is almost skipping on the surface. You cannot reel fast enough sometimes. Of course sink and draw also works depending on the occasion. They are cheap and cast a mile, the real downside is fitting x-strong split rings to them, their shape makes that a pain in the ass :mad:

6. Pollock

Abu koster 18g, 28g, 40g see some great fish taken on them

7. Pollock

I'd be tempted to make it a tackle house Aenos. Lots bigger than most bait size metals but a its a far flying, swell defying dart, and a great sandeel immitation.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Perch

Here's another two lures to throw into the ring: Abu Kystsilda 40g. This lure has been very productive for the predators around our coastline. Never used it abroad but can't see why it wouldn't perform. Very aerodynamic and can be cast a very long way. Good value too in 3 packs. Also Kilty Catcher 32g. Legendary bass lure. Again should be fine on foreign shores. I could go on as I love fishing with metals, especially old skool models! The addition of a biggish, bait fish representing fly a couple of feet up the trace from the metal as a teaser type lure can pay big dividends. Lends itself especially to "heavy metal" as the weight of the lure should minimise any casting issues. Potential for a double hook up too if you are really lucky/skilful!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sprat

My favourite metal is the Maria chase mucho lucir 25gram. Casts like nothing else I've used and took fish up to 4lb. (Only used them for pollock fishing). I'm trying to get hold of some more but Ebay prices are ridiculous! I could buy a patch 2 for what some of them are asking.

10. Sprat

Late...
    But must try the majorcraft jigs the slim ones all work from 3 grams and up
    I use 10 grams with my 7-28 early

Στάλθηκε από το A0001 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk