The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Sounds exciting Andy.

Just let us know how it handles double figure Bass before the week is out.
Limited edition runs don't last long m8. Finger out and all that...

LOL

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that was a bit of a let down to be honest. It's a very soft rod compared to the Infeet (I had them next to each other with someone hanging onto the tips), The Illex is almost double the weight of the Infeet and near twice as thick in places. It also had less eyes which to me is important on the tip section of a light rod and they were much wider spaced.

The power kicks in much sooner on the Infeet as the shooting star is a more through action. There is no way you could work a surface lure with the Shooting Star, it's too soft where I can get away with a baby patchinko on the Infeet.

So I didn't buy it.

Then I looked at the megabass Xor independence. Very nice but way too long at 8'6'' compared to the 7ft of the Infeet. Lightes rod the megabass but from my experience of HRF, the INfeet is exactly what I need and want.

It was nice to be able to compare though.

Of course, if you are thinking about it, I have not used a Shooting Star in a fishing situation which can be quite different, just for the money (£250 for the shooting star), I prefer what I have and I know it can handle anything in our waters.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That's gotta be a combination of a real downer 'cos you are buying a new toy, and a 'thank goodness I didn't buy it mail order' moment.

Did you see the heavy blue one I'm contemplating by any chance?

I reckon you need to stop faffing around and see red mate!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did look at a blue one, which one was it Dicky? One of the Illex. Actually it can't be as the blue one was 3.5 - 14g, which seemed a bit inbetween LRF and HRF to me and I have my Salty Shot 2-10g for LRF which is pure brilliance.

I am still selling the Shukan I think, well trying locally first before I open it up to the world, postage to the UK is a major problem from Guernsey (4ft max length full stop) so if it doesn't sell it can wait til I'm in Jersey to open the marketplace a bit if anyone else is reading my rambling about it...

·
Registered
229 Posts
It was the Illex Waeifu I was thinking about.

For my next Cuba trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts