The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I risked life and limb today when an opportunity to catch some bass arose. I'm under strict orders from Jo to be sat in front of the computer all week to ensure that our shop website is complete and working by the end of friday. Needless to say, she currently hates me, but the bass today made it worth it! Apparently they are thin on the ground, but it didn't feel like it.

Bit of a last minute decision saw me and the younger, better looking one of the Taylors out in the sea air.

We went through various spells of activity. In fact, in the few hours we were out there, so much seemed to happen that I could hardly write about it all.

The swell and tides seemed just right. Robert especially saw/hooked a lot of fish. I'll put it down to his..... age (did I just say that?!) that he lost so many! :mrgreen: Still, he ended up landing 3, including the 2 biggest of the day.

In the end I managed four. Three on a new Nories lure and the last on an X-Rap that was almost entirely swallowed. I put this down to the fact that I actually felt it tap the lure on the way in. I quickly stopped it having felt the tap and a tiny twitch a few seconds later had him on. I think that because he'd whacked it and then it stopped moving he felt confident enough to try and properly eat it.

Another first for the day.... the first ever photo of me with a bass. So much time spent on my own that finally, it's nice to be able to prove to people that I can actually catch them!! :-D

me.jpg

I'm happy to say that this wasn't my largest fish of the day - the camera was on a rock 100m away when that one was caught.... (excuses excuses).

And here's my pairs partner with a couple of his.

robert2.jpg robert.jpg

Very enjoyable, and extremely nice to be out again!

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Great report and fishing also really good focused photos......watch out theres a dog about to bite your mates b***s :) :)

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Christ, you need to go on the same diet as me !!! Get some food in ya lad, your wasting away !!!!

Oh, and cut your hair !!!!

;)

:rofl:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good work

Well done Ben and the gang. Fish have been a little scarce at times in recent weeks as you mentioned but they must have been feeding today.
I also had 7 on the small Jackson Pop Grande today.
Well done again

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Guys. Well, everybody apart from Si who is obviously just jealous! I am fat. I can't help it mate! lol

Good work today Nige.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Well done Ben always good to see lads and dads getting out, the sea in your last pic looks the business. Bet you enjoyed getting out after all the pc bashing, looking forward to seeing the website.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers John. Gave me a nice break actually. feeling much more motivated now.

It's Nathan's dad. I borrowed him for the day :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. Can't wait til the next session!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I think you needed a session for your sanity, Ben. Too much PC bashing is hard to bear. Great to see some pics and the Seniors leading the way. That bass is about the size I have been catching recently. can't seem to find where the big ones are hiding! Good luck with the shop & website...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts