The Lure Forums banner

IMA Lures vs Payo Lures...!

8K views 44 replies 21 participants last post by  Andrew Mytton 
#1 · (Edited)
IMA Komomo SF 125 £ 20
Peyo Aqula 125 ebay £5

Couldnt believe how similar they are and in fact I wouldnt be surprised if they are made by the same factory.
Definitly isnt worth the £15 extra for the IMA. Ok you are limited in colour choice with the Peyo that I can see but the action, feel, weight and casting ability of the Peyo is spot on. Maybe the trebs would need to be replaced, not convinced though.

If your not a fish snob then check out the Peyo..! Unreal for the money.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Wasnt much in it if anything, they have internal steel bearings like the IMA do. I figured it was worth the few quid for the look at one anyway, very surprised..!!!
I wont feel quite so sad if one snags and I lose it. :)

#6 ·
Good to know Eoghan, thanks.

I bought a pretend feed shallow from ebay to see what it is like. I will point out here that I don't have an issue buying lures at £25. But the FS ripoff I bought was a very very good replica, maybe slightly lacking in casting distance, with slightly inferior hooks. It seems to be increasingly difficult to justify the prices of some of the expensive lures, not taking into account the research and design they obviously did to create the concept in the first place.

#8 ·
#9 ·
I've had the Payo 125 for a year, hooks need changing now, don't know if it's better then a the Komomo because I never had one, guy in a tackle shop in Lyme Regis sold it to me because that's what the locals were catching on.

Got the Feed Shallow copy, didn't realise it was until after I bought, first cast and it caught a Pollock few more casts and it caught a Bass, nuff said.

I do buy to a budget, I just can't afford expensive lures as much as I'd like them, only every bought a Patch II and Patch 100 original at full price, the rest are out of the bargain bin, sorry that's all I can do.

#10 ·
You shouldn't be sorry at all Rob. These days it pays to look for cheaper ways to catch fish, whether buying from abroad or buying replicas I guess.
I like to support the sponsors where I can, but when you can buy three lures for the price of one UK priced lure, what are you gonna do?

Same with braid, I bought some YKG WX8 for £30 recently and again some Duel 8 strand for £18.50, there are bargains to be had and its worth shopping around.

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.