IMA Lures vs Payo Lures...! | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

IMA Lures vs Payo Lures...!

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Perch

ha ha big time. I've invented a new lure, its called a Sheed Fallow....... :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chub

Is it Deer?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Snapper

either way I've got the Doe

• Like Like x 2
  4. Perch

Ha ha we're all sharp this mornirng...! :)

5. Pike

Better than paying big bucks for it :D

Sent by semaphore whilst drinking cider.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Salmon

This is getting cheesy now chaps. Best leave this thread fallow for a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pike

Nahhhhhh let it run, or as we used to say in the army, Stag on :cool:

Sent by semaphore whilst drinking cider.

8. Perch

Ruck sake......

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snapper

I must admit I've lost hart

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pollock

I have tried a variety of cheapo lures and not caught. I just don't feel confident with them.

My fishing time is precious to make to make the most of it I buy the best out there - might be a confidence thing I don't but have tried them.

I've got to find some cheaper stuff though as I'm hemorrhaging money at the moment- I need to shop around more be wiser with my hard earned

11. Sandeel

i bought a cheep one from ebay and caught on it first cast i didnt have the same confidence in it to be honest but caught on it so bought 2 real 105 feed shallows on the strength of it when i bought the cheep one i couldnt afford the real deal so its a case of needs must i love feed shallows cos it suits my fishing but if you want total confidence in a lure why risk the effort you put in . i feel confidence in what you are using helps you fish better and as my oppotunities are limited to when i fish i will use the real deal . but it goes without saying if im likely to loose the lure i will use copys

• Like Like x 1
  12. Perch

I've got an awesome Duel Dolce copy from a brand called Kingdom. They have actually got a better action and flies further than the original(s) (I've got both in multiple sizes)

I'm in Crete at the moment and watching this thread with curiosity, I have been slaying small barracuda on the Ima Sasuke 75 Shad the fish won't hit anything but this lure. The way it has been engineered allows it to be worked in a couple of ways, I think this gets overlooked with the copies and the action is often poor.

13. Sea Trout

My mate Tom is selling that lure by Kingdom on Ebay for £5.50-
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minnow-Lu...ure_Fishing_Lures_JN&var=&hash=item4d115b7c97
    I have had one off him for £5 and a few others too but what are friends for lol.
    He also has Payo style lures which are made in the same factory but called "Slugger", same colours and design. I compared it to my Payo Seashot and yes exactly the same so I had one of them too.
    Not tried the Duel copy yet but will do today as the colours are great.
    I have used Payo lures for a few years now and in my opinion the finish is more durable and does last longer.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  14. Perch

They look great! Nice one. Affordable fishing :)

15. Sea Trout

I blanked lol but nothing new there but you are right about the action and quality of the lure and it casts great.
    I also tried this-
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Surface-L...ure_Fishing_Lures_JN&var=&hash=item4d0f7faf21
    I am not the best at using surface lures but I missed a few takes with the green coloured lure. I think it's like the z-claw not that I have used one before but I prefer the kingdom lure best of luck with your fishing in Crete.

16. Pike

Great thread guys, I own my fair share of original lures and a few copies thrown in. I don't use plugs that often but a few weekends ago the first out of the box was the rapture wavedancer as we were drifting over a sandbank in 3-4 ft of water. I had quite a few bass on it, nothing huge, but I was very impressed with the action and casting distance. Will it last as long as the original (feed shallow) not sure, but it has good hooks and for £7 I don't really mind.

17. Mullet (foul hooked)

great thread love a bargain and as for the patch vs panic prey I fished the bone prey one morning and a mate fished the off purple patch, he caught 1 pollock I caught 1 gar and 4 bass, not saying that its a better lure but on that morning it did the business while the patch failed. Could have been the colour but more than likely just luck but a nice lure for a tenner.

18. Pollock

• Like Like x 1
  19. Banned

I also got some of the Rapture lures, they stock them in Christchurch Angling Center. The Sasuke copy was ok, the Zonk copy was quite good, but the TH feed shallow copy is a bit shite. They all have to be swim tested and some times tweeked but thats no hassle. Personaly I dont think the SG panic prey is as good as the Patchinko but it's not far off and has a more durable finish. You are always going to get inferior fittings on cheaper lures, but the hooks that come with a TH feed are too light and need replacing from the off.

20. Sea Trout

I have also used the Rapture Tackle House but not as good as the original and the hooks are also not up to much.
    Panic Prey is a good lure especially if your on a budget but the Patchinko is better in my opinion and nothing beats it on casting distance.
    Not used the Rapture Zonk but I have used this one-
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331164703687?var=&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2648
    Very surprised by it a very good alternative and in my opinion stronger than the original and it comes with VMC hooks.
    I have also used the Payo lures and they are very durable and also affordable.
    It all comes down to confidence and nothing beats the real thing but if you fish rough ground it is hand having a cheap alternative.
    Oh and if the link breaks any rules then please take it down as to be honest it's my mate who sells them but if they were crap I would also say they are as some of his others can be.