The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Lovely little lures Callum. Really easy to work and you can hear them from miles away just slipping and slapping accross the water. ONly given mine a brief go so haven't caught on it, but when you need a lighter, slimmer surface lure, they're going to catch a few this year I think!!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Looks good but I am waiting for the saltwater version, the Salt Skimmer. 14g rather than 11g and boyancy corrected for saltwater. Does look like a very useful lure though.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Pretty sure I have the SW version Dave. They're around obviously, just probably not in the UK.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Yeah Ben, Can't get them here, but they have been around in japan in limited qualities for a few months. When some one has one of the colours I am after, I will order a couple.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Good choice. I like em - and I'm not a surface lure fan.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Ima skimmer is really a great lure; they are available in a salt water and fresh water variant. The saltwater one is one gram heavier and trebles are of higher quality than the fresh water skimmers. I prefer the fresh water lure colours though; esp the colours ghost minnow and smoking ghost shad are true bass killers. I use them now for 2 seasons and caught nice bass with them.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First of all Thanks alot for the feedback lads you have confirmed my suspitions . she does look like a stunner I'm in two minds now weather to wait for the saltwater version or get the fresh water skimmer but change the hooks for decoys! Will the freshwater skimmer work or should i just hold my horses till I source the sw vers.

Cheers ay Callum

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Callum, it will be a couple of months until the bass are back in any numbers, So why not wait until you need it. Then if the Salt skimmer is available, grab that. If not grab the freash water version.
Thats what I am doing!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Callum, it will be a couple of months until the bass are back in any numbers, So why not wait until you need it. Then if the Salt skimmer is available, grab that. If not grab the freash water version.
Thats what I am doing!!
Cheers dave your right I just get too exited over theese little bits of plastic. I turn into a five year old who wants that toy! I'll leave it for now and keep my ears open. Cheers again bud

1 - 10 of 10 Posts